PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Very mild. It's technically an English, but the Latakia is barely there, even when fresh. I stock up and smoke it aged, as after a few years, the Latakia fades so much there's no smoke in the flavor, just a little leather in the aftertaste. A little more floral and sweet than McConnell Oriental or John Cotton No. 1.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I would sure try one tin before stocking up. I have an unopened tin, so I can't comment. I like some strong blends like OJK, Stratfordshire, Bayou Night, Semois, etc. But I also like mild blends in rotation, but it is highly subjective what is enjoyably mild and what is just dull. Presbyterian has many fans, but I'd try one tin and decide.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm glad to hear kindly comments on Nat Sherman 536. I was introduced to it at the now closed Nat Sherman store in Manhattan, and it is about the most refined English blend I know, all the more because it has burley as a condiment. Really finely balanced. Maybe Metropolitan will bring it back, I hope.

mordy18

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2019
Northern New Jersey
Nat Sherman is apparently being sold as Metropolitan. It looks like a rebrand. And yeah that's a great English blend.
Please let me know where you’ve seen that. I dont see 536 available anywhere under either brand. I think the nat sherman pipe tobaccos have been sold with just the Metropolitan branding for some time. Per this article in halfwheel, Michael Herklots bought the Nat Sherman brands and is bringing back the cigar lines - prestige, epoca, etc - under his own company name this summer. Pipe tobacco may follow. Other than 536, I dont think any of their pipe blends were special.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Please let me know where you’ve seen that. I dont see 536 available anywhere under either brand. I think the nat sherman pipe tobaccos have been sold with just the Metropolitan branding for some time. Per this article in halfwheel, Michael Herklots bought the Nat Sherman brands and is bringing back the cigar lines - prestige, epoca, etc - under his own company name this summer. Pipe tobacco may follow. Other than 536, I dont think any of their pipe blends were special.
Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.