PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buffalopat

Lurker
Jul 15, 2014
So I took the advice from the forum and got a tin of Escudo Navy Deluxe to try. I've only smoked ribbon and flake, so I have no idea what to do with this spun-cut tobacco. How exactly am I supposed to prepare this for smoking?

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
When it comes to VaPer disks, I like to load them so the Perique is in the middle but with Escudo it's mixed in. So I either unwind the disk and load it like ribbon or fold and stuff it, depending on which works better for the pipe in question. If it's a VaPer coin with the Perique in the middle, then I load half the disk, place the Perique button in the middle then load the other half.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Which coins have a Perique center?

I think he meant Cavendish ... like PS LBF.

I actually meant Dunhill Flake Medallions (not a big difference, I know) in my case but Cobguy is correct, I was speaking to the Cavendish. My typing and advice was faster than my brain. :oops: Now that I think about it, I suppose such medallions are not technically VaPers.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
I do believe the Dunhill coins are more akin to the Escudo coins. Whereas the Davidoff Flake Medallions are like the PS Bullseye Flakes with the Cavendish core. I think they still fall into the VaPers cagegory even if they have Cavendish too.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I try to select a pipe large enough to hold two coins. I crush them into something resembling a wad, at which point they usually fall apart quite a bit. That falls short of rubbing them out.
For PS/LBF with a Cavendish core, or Newminster 403 Superior Round Slices with a core of DFK, I separate the core and break it up to disburse it a little. I've read where some guys, like daimyo I suppose, place the intact core in the bowl at some point to create a little surprise flavor bomb during the smoke. This has never worked very well for me.
When Mrs. Cortez sees me doing something like that she says, "Stop playing with your tobacco!"

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I do believe the Dunhill coins are more akin to the Escudo coins. Whereas the Davidoff Flake Medallions are like the PS Bullseye Flakes with the Cavendish core.

I should stop posting today, I was referring to the Davidoff Flake Medallions which I smoked last night. I just can't seem to get things straight today.

I'm in the "cram your wad" camp. But, didn't we learn that Escudo and the Dunhill coins were the exact same? I was thinking that someone had said that they were from the exact same blender and assembly line.
Also, I find no difference in Three Nuns and Newminsters Superior Round Slices. Those, I just wad and cram also. I'll have to try that LTF flavor bomb idea sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.