Premier League, Championship League, League One, etc.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Edit: This need not be limited to UK footie. All supporters of all clubs are welcome to post.

We have a number of Brits and perhaps a few Yankees like myself who are avid fans of FA football. I am a Tottenham Hotspur supporter, and know we have supporters for Everton and Liverpool for starters.

So, congrats to the former for the FA cup win and reduced penalty for alleged improprieties. And to the latter for more victories than I can count recently....Sad to see Herr Kopp is retiring.

Last edited:

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
My money's on City. But don't really care as long as the Spurs make the top four. A long row to hoe...

I am hoping all footie fans will chime in and ID the team they support.

WerewolfOfLondon

Can't Leave
Jun 8, 2023
London
It will be City for the league again. Haaland got five goals last night. FA Cup I know, but he is really kicking into gear. City haven't even been playing that well recently, scratching out their 1-0 wins, yet still they are right behind Liverpool. They have such a huge squad they will be able to switch on the afterburners towards the end of the season. Hope I'm wrong, be good for the game for someone else to win.

Really though, I'm not too bothered about that, just as long as QPR manage to avoid relegation from the Championship. We won at the weekend and moved out of the drop zone for the first time in months. Fingers crossed.

WerewolfOfLondon

Can't Leave
Jun 8, 2023
London
I'm in into soccer so much, but I'm very into the GAA sports in Ireland.

You fellas enjoy the cup.
They are getting like soccer, with the total domination of Limerick in the hurling, and the Dublin/Kerry duopoly in the football. I'm hoping Cork can break the spell at some point, although not holding my breath, the trouncing Limerick gave us in the final a couple of seasons back was traumatising.

dPero

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2022
Stafilic
There are many top leagues besides the FA ones! Post away! There's got to be a better choice than Arsenal in every European League. :)
I’m from Split Croatia so there is only one club in all the world -THE BEST OF THE BEST- HAJDUK SPLIT. But I know there is much more with results and titles… Germany- Borusia Dortmund Italy- Juventus Frnace- St Ettinee Spain- Real Madrid Portugal- Benfica Holland- Feynord Scotland- Celtics, think I cover all

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
There are many top leagues besides the FA ones! Post away! There's got to be a better choice than Arsenal in every European League. :)
The Arsenal.
In England, no finer club than the Gunners! Rich in history, talent & silverware. Club started off by a group of soldiers in the Crimean war & 150 years on, we’re still blowing away the opposition every Saturday!

Only one club I know of in Britain has been deemed worthy enough to have a pipe named after it. That club is The Arsenal. 🙂
IMG_7054.jpeg
There used to be a pipe tobacco named after The Arsenal, over in Denmark. So called because it was ‘as good as the arsenal!’ (True story).

WerewolfOfLondon

Can't Leave
Jun 8, 2023
London
The Arsenal.
In England, no finer club than the Gunners! Rich in history, talent & silverware. Club started off by a group of soldiers in the Crimean war & 150 years on, we’re still blowing away the opposition every Saturday!

Only one club I know of in Britain has been deemed worthy enough to have a pipe named after it. That club is The Arsenal. 🙂
View attachment 292439
There used to be a pipe tobacco named after The Arsenal, over in Denmark. So called because it was ‘as good as the arsenal!’ (True story).
I hope you lot can do it. Be a right old time for me if you do, my brother is an obsessive, and I took the piss out of him relentlessly when you collapsed last season (cruel I know, but simply irresistable). Tough run in though, you've got to go Eithad, Old Trafford, and Spurs. If you can get maximum points from that lot, you'll be well deserved Champions. Good luck, hope it happens, I'll suffer the back lash lol.

Reactions: simong and jpmcwjr
Jun 9, 2018
England
I’ve been a Manchester United fan since I was a boy. I love my Red Devils but they’ve been hard to support sometimes during these last 10 years.
Ever since Fergie left it all went tits up. They've had some good managers in that time, Louis van Gaal, Mourinho, and they've spent plenty of money, but it hasn't worked. The Glazers haven't done them any favours.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I'm a Spurs fan, with a soft spot for QPR (my grandad's old team) and Norwich. And @simong, I'm afraid there's also a BBB Chelsea.... Why they only chose to name them after them and the gooners I don't know.
Hah! What's in a name?
Oh, dear, I was afraid someone would really speak up for Spurs' biggest enemy.
I won't hold it against you, @simong, but your choice of clubs makes me question your judgement of pipes, tobacco, and everything else we hold dear!!

But the Gunners are playing well, and will be in the top four—so congratulations to the faithful.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
I'm a Spurs fan, with a soft spot for QPR (my grandad's old team) and Norwich. And @simong, I'm afraid there's also a BBB Chelsea.... Why they only chose to name them after them and the gooners I don't know.
Chelsea? Oh dear, trust that lot to piss on my parade. Lol
Doubt if they’ve sold as many as the arsenal pipes though. In fact, I’ll warrant they haven’t sold a single one! Never see a Chelsea supporter smoking a pipe…or Millwall for that matter. Can’t clench a pipe if you’re chopsing off & scrapping all the time.