PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodo

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 1, 2014
Central Arkansas
I have a trip to Boston in July and wanted to stop in at Peretti's for some spectacular tobacco. Any recommendations? Let me say, I write as my previous experience with their tobacco has not be that zesty. I picked up a tin of 100 Blend a couple of years ago and found it tasteless. Recently I received a tin of their 150 anniversary Blend...and it was kind of soggy and also not much...anything. Disappointing. Did purchase their Thanksgiving Blend and did find that quite a pleasure. What do you think is a good Peretti blend?

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
I am not sure what was up with your 150th. I think that, it is, by far, their best blend. My 150th has always come perfectly dry and bowl ready. It is a great VA. They have a lot of good blends so, keep sampling.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
I have a trip to Boston in July and wanted to stop in at Peretti's for some spectacular tobacco. Any recommendations? Let me say, I write as my previous experience with their tobacco has not be that zesty. I picked up a tin of 100 Blend a couple of years ago and found it tasteless. Recently I received a tin of their 150 anniversary Blend...and it was kind of soggy and also not much...anything. Disappointing. Did purchase their Thanksgiving Blend and did find that quite a pleasure. What do you think is a good Peretti blend?
Dry the 150th out well before smoking - if you like deep, dark red virginia, it's a wonderful light-up. I am partial to their oriental blends, specifically Oriental no 40, Tashkent, Royal, and Omega.

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
It's always a treat to stop in the old shop on Park Square.

Peretti's Cuban Mixture & Tashkent are iconic blends for me. Park Square used to be but I haven't had any since they could no longer use McClelland tobaccos in the blend.

If you enjoy aromatic blends, No. 432, Ebony, & Coffee Blend are terrific!

Reactions: dcon

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Tashkent Tashkent Tashkent. And don’t forget to pick up some TASHKENT. That about covers it. Ok, Royal and Omega are pretty good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.