PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
[Title edited: No all caps titles.]

This morning I was looking around at some of my tobacco stock and noticed a couple of jars that were almost empty. One contained a little Smoker's Pride Black Cavendish and another some Smoker's Pride Vanilla Cavendish. (Yes, I do smoke cheap aromatics now and then). I also noticed a third jar that by the smell contained some kind of mystery aromatic.... I guess I didn't think enough of it to put a label on it. I figured what the hell... so I mixed all 3 together to see what would happen. Surprise, surprise! Actually, not bad, I kind of enjoyed it. Not something I would smoke daily but an interesting blend anyway. The moral of the story is "don't ever throw away tobacco, even it you don't care much for it". As I said here before; mix 'em up, you can have some fun and sometimes end up with something good. puffy

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteCrown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 29, 2023
Pac NW, USA
I wholeheartedly agree. I find most inexpensive aromatics tremendously improve with the addition of some burley. Also, I recently made my own version of Sutliff's Eastfarthing using some of that Smoker's Pride vanilla with some english, and I think it was better than the tinned stuff!

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
What's even better is the names you can give your blends. So when someone asks you what are you smoking you can say "Bob's Toilet Bowl Surprise" or whatever creative name you can come up with.
Years ago I created a blend using a heavy dose of Latakia, Perique and some other stuff, that would knock you're socks off. I named it "Pumpernickel". In old German that means "the devil's fart". puffy