Posts Count- Did Anyone Else Lose A Bunch?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Just noticed that in the past hour my post count went down by about 70. No big thing but just curious if anyone else noticed their's being affected. Housekeeping?

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Looks like maybe the old monthly "What Are You Smoking" threads went away?

timely

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 23, 2012
I have been told that it cannot be fixed, so I have just lost a bit over 300 posts.

Sorry, but that sucks.!!!!!!

timely

Jan 23, 2012
No fee, it took time to get post count number.

Still sucks, and is sooo wrong.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Only those members who posted in those deleted threads lost posts. So for me, I bet I lost 5 posts as I almost never posted in the BriarBid forum and never to got around to posting in this month's W.A.Y.S. thread.
-Jason

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Everyone looses posts from housecleaning time to time, it evens out in the end even if sometimes you loose more or less than the average in one particular case, besides I would like to hope no one is generating posts just so they can feel important or throw their weight around, but rather to participate in this wonderful community. I usually have no idea how many posts I have, so I couldn't tell you if I lost some or not.
Luckily, all my little missives were preserved for posterity.

Peck, you crack me up every time you post. That jaunt you had earlier with Harris nearly left me in tears.

boudreaux

Apr 7, 2013
Should I post a "me too" to reply individually to everyone's post in this thread to get my post count back?

:rofl:
Actually, doesn't matter to me either (Whoops, another "me too" post. "But it was 'me either,'" he retorted, as he gave the teacher a Latakia-flavored shiny apple...

timely

Jan 23, 2012
Never posted at BriarBid. Only gave Feed Back from the purchases I had made.

I was posting for the last while in the W.A.Y.S. Thread, as I have always read it because I like to see

what other members are smoking on a daily basis, and I enjoyed the pic's when posted of their pipes.

I have bought many new ( to me ) tobacco blends by seeing what other members were frequently smoking and enjoying.

I had seen a couple of members posting every time that they had a bowl, and thought why not, I shall do the same. And yes it would get my post count higher. Sweet.

Was it super important that my post counts got higher, No. But it was nice.

But that many posts gone, just did not seem right.

I along with a couple of other members seem to smoke a lot, up to 14 bowls a day.

And I enjoy every one of these bowls of tobacco that I have posted with fellow members on the thread.

Sharing this with fellow members, as others have done, became a great daily ritual.

With my morning pipe and coffee, my afternoon bowls, to my evening bowls of tobacco with tea ( or something with a little punch )became a wonderful daily routine that I really looked forward to.

During my day I would come and look at what others had smoked and add what I had smoked, most times bunched together as I had seen it done, because I am not on here every hour to post.

Just my thoughts on the issue.

No sour grapes, but still not right.

I am going to now have a lovely bowl of tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.