PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zepfan84

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 10, 2021
Wilmington, N.C.
My local USPS lost my last order of tobacco. I filed a case with them and they keep closing it. I've called in to their help line and have been promised an update but nothing ever happens. I've also called the local office, who never answer the phone. I was wondering if this kind of thing has happened to anyone else and if so, how were you able to resolve the issue?

• Angry
Reactions: JOHN72

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
Call the vendor. It's on them to see that it is delivered.
^^^ This. You’ll be running in circles trying to get the USPS to remedy the matter. A disgruntled employee is filling his pipe up as I type this…?
I understand how people think that the vendor should be responsible for the packages showing up, but in a way I feel that it SHOULD be the responsibility of the postal service once the parcel is in their hands. Why should the vendor have to take fault for them losing something? I don't know...

Zepfan84

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 10, 2021
Wilmington, N.C.
I understand how people think that the vendor should be responsible for the packages showing up, but in a way I feel that it SHOULD be the responsibility of the postal service once the parcel is in their hands. Why should the vendor have to take fault for them losing something? I don't know...
The vendor should at the very least be able to recoup the loss from USPS. I'll bet they don't have any better chance of that happening than we do though.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
The vendor should at the very least be able to recoup the loss from USPS. I'll bet they don't have any better chance of that happening than we do though.
that's the thing. The person who bought the service is the one that can be reimbursed. I've had every courier loss something over the years and at the end of the day it's the person paying for it directly that has to contact them and choose how it's straightened out.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL

The postal service is responsible. But the vendor was the paying customer to the postal service. So it is on them to pursue it. You pay the vendor, you pressure it through them.

Aomalley27

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
The postal service is responsible. But the vendor was the paying customer to the postal service. So it is on them to pursue it. You pay the vendor, you pressure it through them.
Exactly! It’s the customer (the one that paid for the service directly) that will make headway.
I’ve a package that was severely damaged upon receipt last week. I refusedthe parcel and contacted the shipper. They filed a claim with Postal Service.

ChuckMijo

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2020
Through our business we ship parts throughout the world everyday. It’s the vendors responsibility to make sure the purchasers received what they paid for. If it’s lost by the post office, DHL, or whatever delivery service you use, it’s irrelevant. The vendor always makes it right. Sometimes and this happens from time to time we are unaware a delivery is lost and receive a email. We immediately reship the item. If it shows up later at the purchaser, 99% of the time they let us know. We pay to have it shipped back to us or they can purchase it. Moral is it’s always the vendors responsibility.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I had this happen once and it was a total fiasco trying to deal with the post office. Some lamebrain at the post office said it was Covid fault and that they would keep looking for it. The guy didn't even read the letter because I told them that the parcel was held up at the KC office. I have a lot of respect for the post office because they have to handle billions of little things every freakin' day. Package showed without explanation a few weeks later.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I had this happen once and it was a total fiasco trying to deal with the post office. Some lamebrain at the post office said it was Covid fault and that they would keep looking for it. The guy didn't even read the letter because I told them that the parcel was held up at the KC office. I have a lot of respect for the post office because they have to handle billions of little things every freakin' day. Package showed without explanation a few weeks later.
insider tip. Covid is what they named the rabid Doberman that some how got into the sorting room.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Because the cost of lost packages should already be accounted for as a cost of doing business by the vendor (I ship close to 1000 packages a week).

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
".....but in a way I feel that it SHOULD be the responsibility of the postal service once the parcel is in their hands."

Here in the UK, everything in the post is actually the property of the Crown right up to the moment it is delivered!

It's just one of those ancient laws that was never repealed.

Sorry this doesn't help your situation chum, I hope you get it resolved.

Regards,

Jay.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Something similar happened to me with my post office. My packages were returned to the United States, without any notice. But my packages appeared back to the SP store. And I had to make formal complaint, for incompetent of my post office. Today mail arrived without any problems............I'm happy for you friend, if everything worked out fine......

Status
Not open for further replies.