PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 24, 2011
hehe- hope you all liked the alliteration in that title there!
Just wanted to share with you an incident that happened to me today which gave me a real lift. I was walking in town, smoking a nice big Peterson with some Black Cherry blend tobacco. There was a guy about my age walking some way behind me, and suddenly I heard him shout out to me "that smells bloodly lovely!". I waited for him to catch up and we chatted for a minute or two, him asking me what sort of tobacco it was and admiring the pipe. He admitted that he had tried a pipe before but found it a bit of fuss and hassle; however, having seen me he wanted to try again and said he always quite liked the small clay pipes.
Anyway, I always get a lift when I get positive reaction to smoking my pipe, and maybe we have a new convert here too (or at least a lapsed pipe smoker who wants to rekindle his passion)

triprolo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 20, 2009
TN
I never get complaints from my pipe. But I hear a lot of complaints from folks when they smoke cigarettes. Leave my pipe alone. It pleases people!

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I've never been told by anyone that my pipe is a wretched vile thing that must leave their vicinity at once. Everyone usually just comments on the smell of the tobacco or that it reminds them of their father/grandfather. The closest I've gotten to a negative comment was one guy once told me "I wasn't too sure when you sat down and lit your pipe, but once you did it smelled amazing.". I don't see why pipe smokers can't smoke in no-smoking areas anyways. The picture only ever has a cigarette with a circle and a line through it. Never once have I seen a sign with a pipe and circle with a line through it.

hugh

Lurker
Oct 20, 2011
I only get negative comments when I smoke Nightcap, from cigarette smokers even. I can see where they're coming from though.

yoru

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2011
Come to think I've never had a negative response either.

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
I don't smoke very outside very often but of the times I have I've had a couple of positive comments and no negative ones. It's great. :)
On an unrelated note: hugh, your avatar is god damn adorable.

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
My wife HATES cigarettes and I was told that it's OK to smoke my pipes inside. Now understand that some days I can barely walk and that may have a bit to do with her being so permissive, but she has never once complained about the smell. I know it's not exactly "public" but I wanted to share anyhow :P

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I had one of those moments yesterday.

I was at the Dr.'s office in the little room with my shirt off.

Cute nurse... trying to hold in my beer muscle. (Can't let the ladies see too much of it... drives 'em wild ya know.) :D

And, she asked me if I smoked a pipe... "You smell like a pipe... smells good."

(I think she was trying to make time...) I know you guys are jealous. :mrgreen:

:puffy:

nbpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
So far only negative comments are from the girlfriend when smoking lat blends. Several good comments while out and about smoking CBW.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I got a great comment when I was in Seattle with my best bud. We were smoking our meers in the house. He was smoking Riverside Whiskey and I was trying out Creme Brulee' and a guy walked in and exclaomed Oh My God! It smells freakin awesome in here! That's why I usually smoke aros in public.

irish2fish

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2011
Alaska
my wife made me quit smoking cigarettes before we got married, but shortly after bought me my peterson system 303, and has never complained about me smoking it, in fact sometimes she requests that I do. :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.