PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Nothing earth shattering but was really good! I was originally going to have breaded thin pork cutlets but a local butcher had some smaller butterfly pork cuts and they were pretty thick (and too thick for deep frying without burning 'em up), so breaded anyway after marinating, started with a brief deep fry and then finished in the oven. Was watching Mary Berry, yes, Mary Berry on her Great English Houses (not sure that's the right name for the show) on PBS yesterday morning and she made some "rosti" potatoes - basically grate them with a grater, squeeze all the liquid out and form and fry. I added some earthy cheese and bits of onion and melted butter as well - sort of like hash browns, but more of a patty. Nothing fancy, but looks kind of fancy-ish and the wife was thrilled (and she deserved it - she let me have some bowls in the house at the island again while I was doing some trip planning and misc.)! Now have to think about some sort of beef and some sort of chocolate dessert for upcoming VD, but probably no pipe smoking in the house before dinner that day, lol.

E4CE9A21-7653-4DA3-B588-C848048DA444_1_201_a.jpeg

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
That's a take on pork milanese with the lemon wedges. A light and refreshing, yet filling dish.

I also like pork chops with a shallot or onion au jus / demi glace thanks to Thomas Keller.

Neither get made often since breading meats destroys the kitchen. But when I do, I double bread the chops to where even a thin cut chop becomes the size of two hands put together.

Nice call on finishing the chops in the oven. It's a great trick not everyone knows about.

Reactions: HawkeyeLinus