PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

futureman

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2011
Ohio (Displaced Central Texan)
Ever since I've been smoking WCC's Flake #558 (which I absolutely love), I've been eager to try more bulk vapers (including Match Victorian). Poplar Camp doesn't get mentioned too often, but the blend description has piqued my interest:

Almost 20% perique and a dash of unsweetened black cavendish are combined with Yorktown to make a Virginia/perique lover's dream blend. Much like Bayou Morning, be forewarned; the muscular presence of perique makes C&D's Poplar Camp for the stout of heart.

Any thoughts on this blend?

Reactions: tfdickson

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Ever since I've been smoking WCC's Flake #558 (which I absolutely love), I've been eager to try more bulk vapers (including Match Victorian). Poplar Camp doesn't get mentioned too often, but the blend description has piqued my interest:

never had it but trust me it will be great. I have blended a similar blend and now i wish i had read that before my last big tobbaco order (i would have bought a lb if i knew what it was)

Reactions: futureman

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
Poplar camp is good. I don't smoke it often, but whenever I do, I always think "This is good, I should smoke this more often."

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island

Poplar Camp is good but I like it much more mixed 50/50 with Winchester. Poplar Camp is plenty strong but a little rough, whereas Winchester is smooth and sweet but lacks backbone. Mix the two and they keep the good parts while eliminating their respective downsides. I call the mix Lexington, which is where I went to school and halfway between Poplar Camp and Winchester.

jmg81

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2019
Camp Humphreys, South Korea
Poplar Camp is good but I like it much more mixed 50/50 with Winchester. Poplar Camp is plenty strong but a little rough, whereas Winchester is smooth and sweet but lacks backbone. Mix the two and they keep the good parts while eliminating their respective downsides. I call the mix Lexington, which is where I went to school and halfway between Poplar Camp and Winchester.
Interesting. Ive had both in my SP cart waiting for the next c&d sale. But i didnt pull the trigger on this last sale. Soon enough though. Thanks for the suggestion

Reactions: tfdickson