PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
Every so often while browsing pipes on Ebay, I see these pipes made by a polish carver named Tadeusz Poliński. Most of what I've seen appear to be quite nice and appear to be well made. And the cost is quite affordable. So I guess what I'm asking is, does anyone have any experience with these pipes or information about the maker? I've seen a few now that I wouldn't mind purchasing if I knew a bit more about the quality.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Taking a very quick look they seem to be large, not a bad thing if you like large pipes, I don't so they aren't in my wheelhouse. Do a Google search and you'll see Polinski has been around for awhile, there are even some You Tube Videos and his pipes appear on the Pipes Art website which has some very high end pipes and respected makers, best of luck.

banjo

deleon

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 7, 2011
Texas
@anthonyrosenthal74

I own 2 Polinski pipes and they're great smokes. They are alittle bigger than what you see online but they still feel good and his customer service is great! Constant communication if you should ever have any issues with his pipes. The prices are reasonable for handmade pipes and I've received both pipes in less than week and a half and well packaged too. I live in Texas. I recommend Polinski pipes, they don't disappoint!

brudnod

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
I also have 2 of TP (not toilet paper) pipes. One is big, the other is huge. The former is about 55 grams and is pleasant to smoke but a bit challenging to clean since the bend is quite extreme. The latter is probably 80 grams and is not for the clenching smoker, but is easy to clean. The smoking is good in both which is probably that the mechanics were solid in their construction. When searching for a Polinski pipe make sure the dimensions are to your liking.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I have been bidding on his pipes for several years. But yet to win one. I know, bid higher.

nepenthe1

Lurker
Sep 20, 2012
I am the proud owner of 12 Polinski works of art. My cousin in Dallas owns 14 Polinski pipes. We started collecting them over three years ago. I can assure you that you will find no better pipes anywhere on this planet. I have been a pipe smoker for over 60 years, during which time I have owned hundreds of pipes. None of them can hold a candle to a Polinski.
T Polinski has been a pipe maker in Poland since 1983. His pipe making skills know no equal.
His marketing is handled by House of Pipes in Warsaw. House of Pipes markets on ebay. I can tell you from our experience with the director of House of Pipes, Roman, that they area 100% trustworthy. Their service is quick, reliable, and their packaging is the best we have ever received. Roman ships all of his pipes via registered mail. I am sure that Roman will be worthy of any trust you should desire to place in him.

Jan 8, 2013
Thanks everyone. I wanted to get some feedback before making a decision on one of his pipes. The pipes look quite nice, but the name is very unfamiliar.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I really enjoy partially rusticated pipes. Polinski does this well. This is bigger than any of my other pipes. The chamber is .875" and 1.625" depth. It is an estate pipe.
7w5Zj55.jpg

Also, I finally figured out how to upload a picture again, without adult supervision!

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I tried my new pipe tonight. I like this full bent pipe. It is great for smoking, while reading. Once it got going, it burned all the way down. Very pleasant and a great way to end a busy day.

Status
Not open for further replies.