Point of Diminishing Returns for Cellared Tobacco?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

72 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
9 Fresh Caminetto Pipes
156 Fresh Peterson Pipes
New Accessories
12 Fresh Eltang Basic Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
[I like the journal idea better, in the end.]
Look at this link, they have beautiful journals, expensive but worthwhile for a time capsule.
https://epica.com/

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I recently opened McClelland 100 gr. tins from 1986 and 1991. Solid. Storage conditions are the read variable. They can rust from moisture and condensation just like any other metal tin. Inside is out of your control. I’ve opened a whole bunch of McClelland tins over the last 30 plus years. Never a problem but have seen the very beginning of possible problems. All in all, you’re pretty safe with storing this maker for a long time. In my experience.

Mike S.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
A chap who lives in the manor house up the road bought his first born son a brand new Rolls Royce. He had it delivered and instructed the gardener to brick up the barn where it was carefully placed.
On his 21st birthday the father just gave the son a hammer and chisel! True story is that.
"Damn, Dad; this car's two decades old. Whot th' hell??"

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Damn, Dad; this car's two decades old. Whot th' hell??"
It certainly beats a tin of tobacco.........
"Hey Dad, why did you give me a tin of tobacco....isn't that something folks did in the olden days?"
Regards,
Jay.

echambers

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 21, 2017
-Interesting to know re: bourbon.... I always thought it at least smooths out more over time.

Anyhow, I'll still put some in there, lol.
Not in my experience - there are a few craft distilleries that sell un-aged bourbon which you can then age in your own micro-barrel. That would be awesome to be able to crack open a 21 year old bourbon.

Status
Not open for further replies.