PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

pcfdave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 10, 2021
Title edited for caps and brevity. See Rule 9.

Now that Bo and John David are hanging it up with podcasting. Are there other podcasts out there that others can point me to that are great? Whether it be YTPC or a podcast I would love to hear your opinions. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Brewfan

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 5, 2021
Louisville, KY, USA
I think the Pipes Magazine show is the only game in town now. Every other has fatal flaws for me. I remember one ( but don't remember the name) where these three bozos launched right into vulgar banter/insults at each other and I turned it right off. I'm far from a prude, so it wasn't the language they were using, they just sucked at podcasting. I never even heard them talk about pipes before I shut it off.

Even CSR could be difficult sometimes with the cackling laughter when nothing funny was even said, but they were definitely better than most .

spike

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2009
I agree the cackling is irritating, but I met JD at the Chicago show last year and he is a gracious and charming guy. Never met Bo, but I’d suspect he’s the same. Ergo I still listen to their podcast and will miss it when it’s gone.

Brewfan

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 5, 2021
Louisville, KY, USA
I agree the cackling is irritating, but I met JD at the Chicago show last year and he is a gracious and charming guy. Never met Bo, but I’d suspect he’s the same. Ergo I still listen to their podcast and will miss it when it’s gone.
I'm very sure they are both awesome dudes. I'll miss their show, for sure.

Reactions: Zero and pcfdave

pcfdave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 10, 2021
Purely preferential but I wish podcasts limited their episodes to 60 minutes and did them more often than these 90-2 hour rambles. I don’t sit anywhere that long to listen to anything music or talk. Lol

Reactions: ThermionicScott

Dr. Van Loafer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2022
Indiana
CSR was and is great. Clean and chocked full of wisdom. I am never in fear of hearing some profane rant or crass humor. Others may be okay with this, but I find it to be off-putting. They produced a great show that is going to be missed and there is nothing out there exactly like it. But that is okay, all good things (this side of heaven) must come to an end. So I have found the following are good in their own way:
  • PipesMag podcast with Mr. Levin is outstanding. Well produced, clean, and full of wisdom.
  • The Pipe Cottage has a YouTube and Podcast, he dives into a lot more than tobacco so that might be irksome for folks and has a definitive opinion on things.
  • SpurgeonPiper (on YouTube) puts out great content for tobacco reviews and talks theology.
  • ThereandTobacAgain (on YouTube) was putting out stellar content but has not posted anything in two years.
  • ThePipeNook with Eddie Gray on YouTube posts various videos about this hobby and his store.
  • StuffandThings on YouTube mainly does tobacco reviews but they are well produced.
Those are my two cents, take ‘em or leave ‘em.

Also, thanks for the tip as I did not know about Russ’ tobacco talk so will add that to my podcasts.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Title edited for caps and brevity. See Rule 9.

Now that Bo and John David are hanging it up with podcasting. Are there other podcasts out there that others can point me to that are great? Whether it be YTPC or a podcast I would love to hear your opinions. Thanks
@scloyd and I were going to do a podcast, but I'm not sure the world is ready for it quite yet.