PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtpipe

Lurker
Jan 18, 2012
After seeing the video and the avatars, I jumped in and ordered one with a blue stem. You guys are all a bunch of enablers!! They are beautiful. LOL!

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
The stars were just right for doing a video yesterday. The sun was out, the wind wasn't insane, I happened to be washed up and dressed already when the pipe arrived because I had to work later. Ususally that time of day, I'm in a beater, pajama bottoms and I look like a zombie. And then I just happened to get the pipe! I decided to do the video because I knew I would want to smoke it later and there could only be one "first smoke" so I fired up the webcam. After a couple screwups and moments where I completely lost my train of thought, I was able to do a halfway decent take.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
baron, thanks for sharing. I did get a chuckle when your trusty cactus match failed you, very appropriate after you talked them up. I am glad you are enjoying your new toy.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Cool video. I've taken lots of photo's in my time but have never tried a video. May

have to try it some time. Congrats on your new Storient.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Yavuz, I love my meer I wouldn't change a thing with it. Thats interesting about the reduced wall thickness but I think I prefer mine just the way it is with the thicker walls. It warms up nicely and feels great in the hand. I'm looking forward to smoking it out-of-doors here in Ohio as the seasons change and it gets cold.
Now about those turkish women... :D

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I don't know if mine is the thinner walls from the pic but mine doesn't get hot at all. Barely got warm after 3 straight bowls.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Here is the view looking straight down on mine:

020-1.jpg

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
You're right photoman it doesn't get hot at all just pleasantly warm. I've been meaning to take some photos now that I've started to get some color on the flat rim.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Thanks guys! 184 veiws of the video on YouTube as of this morning and Storient has embedded the vid on his site! Awesome!
:worship:

colcolt

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Marvelous video, Baron and awfully glad you're enjoining the meer-it looks like a great smoker. They do smoke cool unless you constantly puff like I use to do. I hope it colors great for you. Now you need one with the naked lady and the big boobs!!

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I've had about 7 or 8 bowls full now and I love it! I'm giving it a rest tonight, but it is already light brown around the rim with just a little pink showing up toward the top of the bowl and the base of the shank. You really can run a cleaner through, too. Most of the time with a little twist and sometimes straight on through, depending upon how straight the cleaner is. I don't like to take my stems off unless I have to, especially with the Meers.
Once I get my used Dunhill, I am going to send it and my other 2 meers off to Walker Briar Works. The Dunnie for restoration and the meers for the draft hole upgrade that they do. I'll have my Storient to smoke while they are gone! I'd feel lost without a Meerschaum around.

Status
Not open for further replies.