PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

leonardbill1

Lifer
May 21, 2017
Denver, CO
I'm a fan of Plum Pudding Special Reserve which to my taste is superior to the regular Plum Pudding. As to Plum Pudding Bourbon Barrel Aged, I found the bourbon treatment to be overpowering. I removed the piece of wood and let the tin sit for four months. The tobacco is dry but not dried out and now smokes well with the bourbon taste developing as the bowl burns down but staying at a tolerable level, and I'd now rate it behind Special Reserve but ahead of the regular version.

Reactions: monty55

Singularis

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
Maybe I'll bother to smoke a bowl from the sample I have (from a friend). It's good, solid, consistent, not too strong, I like it. I wish I could try the Special Reserve some day, but I doubt I'll ever bother paying the price when there's lots of other great tobaccos out there.

Reactions: anotherbob

turtlehead

Might Stick Around
Jan 1, 2022
Citrus Heights, CA
timhalberg.com
This☝️. I still have a tin of special reserve bourbon un-cracked with about a year of age on it. Haven’t tried any of their offerings as of yet.
I ordered some yesterday (not the reserve) and hope it is as exciting as it sounds. Figured if I couldn't smoke it the day of, I'd at least purchase it the day of - and of course, I popped on a few other tins.

The PAD is bad.

tmcg81

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2020
NJ
Plum Pudding is the only blend in the Seattle Pipe Club range that I was ever even remotely interested in and I will probably never buy a tin of it. Don't know why. Something about it turns me off.