PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Got some German ones, some are for tobacco but depict pipes.

View attachment 178467

View attachment 178468
I feel like the Landfried guys are plotting evil. And the guy above them is the assassin they hired to take care of their little problem. If that guy wasn't lurking in the upper left hand corner in the Landfried ad it just look like two old guys who are sharing dirty jokes. Love these old style ads.

Kaywoodie Advertisements for the $10 Flame Grain (1937) and postwar $15 Connoisseur, $20 Nintey Fiver, and $25 Centennial.

Pre war Kaywoodie used 11 million blocks a year of briar, only a tiny fraction worthy of the Flame Grain.
Love how the Kaywoodie remembers ads the first one with the wagons they tie that into their history, but the beat down of Gentleman Jim one is just like yeah that happened during a time that our company was also around.

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
Not an actual ad, but the winner of a "Bad Ads" photoshop competition.
My wife gathered the ads on Facebook, so there isn’t a source mentioned anyway. At the second glance I also think these are fakes, but well done and they reflect the beliefs in those times of smoking as a harmless even sometimes relaxing if not overall healthy habit.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Matchless 250cc since that would have been the maximum capacity allowed for a learner motorcyclist in those days. I think the government changed the limit to 125cc in 1981 to take account of the fact the Honda K4/CB250 had more power than the tradition British bike. Most people learnt to ride on BSA C11/C15 and Star Fires or BSA Bantams.