PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

SpyHill

Might Stick Around
May 3, 2022
Victoria, BC
I say it's odd looking, but perhaps I'm simply ignorant of the style. My friend gifted me this pipe, which he inherited from a family member. He also inherited a Kiko pipe made by the Kilimanjaro Pipe Company Ltd. from the same family member.

I'm hoping someone may be able to help me identify the pipe from the pictures below. It has a very small bowl, which I couldn't quite capture with the camera. The only comparable pipe I could find online was this one, made in Italy, but with no identification. The bottom piece of my pipe is plastic, I believe, not wood. There are no signatures, logos, or identifying markings.

If you know anything about the style of the pipe, even if you cannot identify it exactly, that would be very helpful. I'm also curious if I might be able to repair the crack in the bowl with wood filler (the inside of the bowl is not cracked). But I may need to switch categories for that question. Any tips on smoking it would also be appreciated.

Thanks very much.

20220503_195930.jpg

20220503_195916.jpg

20220503_195617.jpg

20220503_195609.jpg

20220503_195603.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

SpyHill

Might Stick Around
May 3, 2022
Victoria, BC
Often see porcelain versions with painted bowls.
Yeah, it looks like Another Charlie picked up one with a procelain bowl. Quite attractive, but not sure how practical it is. Austrian/Tyrolean/Porcelain Pipe :: Pipe Smoking Basics & Beginner Questions - https://pipesmagazine.com/forums/threads/austrian-tyrolean-porcelain-pipe.81309/

craig61a has one more like mine, although it looks a bit nicer. I'm not sure how much extra hassle it will be to smoke.

Given the plastic piece, I'm wondering if it's just a cheap trinket (like some are saying these types of pipes can be).

I'll give it a shot once my tobacco arrives.

Cheers

SpyHill

Might Stick Around
May 3, 2022
Victoria, BC
Worth a try in my opinion. I've owned two similar pipes both not really made to be smoked. The one smoked like a champ the other is the worst smoker I've ever tried. The thing is they're very unlikely to be valuable so little chance of damaging the resell on it.
I will give it a try, then. I'm not interested in reselling -- it was a gift from a friend, so it wouldn't feel right.

Reactions: anotherbob

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
I am venturing an ill informed idea here : Isn't that flower an edelweiss ? Wasn't that the symbol for BB&B pipes in the Swiss Alps ? Usually done in silver inlay though ? Just an idea. Is there nno marlking at all on the pipe ...even faint ?

SpyHill

Might Stick Around
May 3, 2022
Victoria, BC
I'm not sure about the flower, though it does look similar. I double checked and there are no markings. What does BB&B stand for?