PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

That Guy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 8, 2021
Central Florida
Now this might not seem like much to you guys but here in the pipe tobacco wasteland of Florida where pipe shops are rare and pipe tobacco even rarer (85% sales tax) this was a great find for my area. Local tobacco store that mostly sells vape, cigarettes, and cheap cigars had St. BRUNO stocked on the shelves for $12 and it already has almost 2 years aging on it. When I first saw it I asked the girl behind the counter how much it was and she said "I don't know no one ever buys this type stuff. Let me look it up". I was expecting to pay like $18 but nope only $12. Going to go back and grab the other 4 pounches soon.

20220903_121539.jpg20220903_121658.jpg

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I'm so envious of you guys that have local tobacco stores, let alone finds like this.

I was on holidays a few months ago. Walked into a tobacco shop in the local mall. Heavily tattooed guy said "sorry no pipe tobacco" then gave my 4yo granddaughter a lollipop.
Disappointment, but still a nice holiday moment.

Reactions: VDL_Piper

That Guy

Aug 8, 2021
Central Florida
I'm so envious of you guys that have local tobacco stores, let alone finds like this.

I was on holidays a few months ago. Walked into a tobacco shop in the local mall. Heavily tattooed guy said "sorry no pipe tobacco" then gave my 4yo granddaughter a lollipop.
Disappointment, but still a nice holiday moment.
Yep it's sad. Theres a ton of vape and medical weed stores. A few cigar shops that carry no pipe tobacco and sadly Walgreens has more pipe tobacco than most "tobacco shops" 😞

• Sad
Reactions: vosBghos

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
That is a nice find with an even better price. Pipe shops are non-existent in rural Oregon and the few tobacco shops that carry pipe tobacco charge a mint a tin.

That Guy

Aug 8, 2021
Central Florida
That is a nice find with an even better price. Pipe shops are non-existent in rural Oregon and the few tobacco shops that carry pipe tobacco charge a mint a tin.
There is one old-school pipe shop about 45 mins south of me. Wonderful selection of pipes and cigars but very little pipe tobacco. One $12 tin of tobacco cost $36 😳