Plant Sitting - Need Some Help Here

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Looks like you have it! I was informed by the guy who gave them to me, that they are indeed tobacco plants but from a mixture of Oriental tobacco seeds, and his intention was to have me harvest them and try smoking them probably because I favour oriental mixes. Now what do I do? I had seen pictures of tobacco plants before, but these didn't quite fit the bill!

Sharp eyes! :col:
As the bottom leaves turn a yellow color, let as much of the green fade from them as possible, then pull them and hang them where they will get good circulation, preferable where its also warm to dry. Then shred them and smoke them.

They’ll be a tad harsh. You really won’t get very much off of just that many. But, you can try setting them back for a year or two to mellow out some. Then smoke them.

It’s all really very easy. Enjoy. Looks like some pretty plants you have there.

• Love
Reactions: Hillcrest and gord
If you don’t get much taste, or you can’t detect a floral note from smoking them, then plant the next batch in some sandy soil mixed with some poor soil. Hit them with just a little nitrogen early on, not much, just enough to get the leafs to going, then just water when dry.

Tobacco get more fragrant when grown in very poor soils.