PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inspiration!!!

Smoked the proper pipe smokers way! Parodi...

JoDqK32.jpg
In a Meer Cutty designed for it...

Reactions: SpookedPiper

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
A fine stash for sure! Those Padrons and LGC's will not dissapoint. I have yet to find a cigar with as perfect and consistent draw as a Padron.

Oliva Serie G maduros are one of the best values on the market. Well Done! Enjoy!

Reactions: cshubhra
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I migrated from cigars to pipe. I recently started smoking a few cigars now and then. My favorites are Nicaraguan due to the sweet flavors, body and strength. Hard to beat any Padron but also like Tats and My Father. I also have around 250 to 300 Cuban cigars. Since I don't smoke many cigars now, I don't see a problem if the cigar costs $10 and up. That was a little more difficult to accept when I was smoking 5 to 6 cigars per day.

I'd say my favorite cigars are Cuban Cohiba. Hard to beat the spicy sweetness with strength and body this brand provides. Siglo II, III and IV are my favs. The Cuban Por Larranaga Picadores is a really good smoke, not so strong but reasonably priced and lots of smooth, creamy flavor.

Reactions: cshubhra

badbriar

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 17, 2012
Suncoast Florida by the Beach
A couple of years back, I tried both cigars and pipes and chose the pipe. This week, I decided to revisit the cigars. My old humidor is already repurposed by my wife as a cosmetics box, so I got a new (slightly larger) humidor and seasoning it currently with 84% boveda packs ... which supposedly a very slow process.
I placed an order for some sticks today. I will still primarily smoke pipes, but plan to keep a set of cigars handy for an occasional smoke.

Last time I smoked a cigar, I enjoyed Padron 1926 natural series a lot. I also enjoyed Padron 1964 Natural. I tried Padron 1926 Maduro as well, but that was possibly too much for a beginner.
I tried a bunch of other cigars a couple of years back, but Padron ones I remember the most. So I reordered a few Padrons (1926 and 1964) this time, along with a motley array of some of the popular brands.
The sweet spot for me is about 5 inches, so I only ordered Corona, Toro, Rothschild, Gordo, etc...
Once the sticks arrive, I may have questions.
WOW - you are diving right in with some heavy hitters there! You have great taste in your cigars. If you like full bodied, strong cigars, check out some LFD's. They are another unique, quality brand. Happy herfing!

Reactions: rogers and cshubhra

Lyon0oq

Jul 31, 2012
New Providence, NJ
One question I have along this same line, if you heavily prefer pipe tobacco to cigar tobacco, but you want to have a cigar to enjoy if you find yourself in a lounge where that is all that is offered/allowed, what is your go to? I gave cigars a try in my late 20's, and frankly, they turned my stomach. Anyhow, if someone has a suggestion for a good "pipe in a wrapper" I'd appreciate it.

wordheavy

Can't Leave
Jul 7, 2019
Southern California
One question I have along this same line, if you heavily prefer pipe tobacco to cigar tobacco, but you want to have a cigar to enjoy if you find yourself in a lounge where that is all that is offered/allowed, what is your go to? I gave cigars a try in my late 20's, and frankly, they turned my stomach. Anyhow, if someone has a suggestion for a good "pipe in a wrapper" I'd appreciate it.
I don't know that you'll find a true "pipe in a wrapper." There are many flavoured cigars out there but most fail in tobacco quality. If I was in your shoes I'd probably go for a Drew Estates Dirt. It's from their Natural line, it's mild/medium and sugar tipped, it almost taste flavored but isn't. Actually most in the Drew Estates Natural line might work, but they can be hard to find at times. The Dirt is a good cigar and many of my non cigar smoking friends/ family like them as do many experienced smokers.

curl

Apr 29, 2014
I keep some dozen cigars in a container at the beach house. I use those little coins to keep them hydrated.

Recently I watched a some episodes of the Rockford Files, and a couple of guys were smoking green cigars. Now it seems Candela wrapped cigars aren’t very popular anymore, but I’m pretty sure I need add a few of them to my little collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.