PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

HeavyLeadBelly

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 9, 2023
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
So I’m settling in to some Royal Yacht and a thought occurred to me for next Thanksgiving, to have a Planes, Trains, and Automobiles day where I watch the movie and try to have blends matching the vehicles during the movie or throughout the day . I’m thinking for planes I’d go with Squadron Leader, Night Train for trains, and for automobiles….hrmmm Lagonda?? Anyways, what would your picks be if you did the same?

K.E. Powell

Aug 20, 2022
West Virginia
I make it a point to smoke a Peterson Dracula on Halloween while watching Coppola's take on the ancient bloodsucker. It's such a deliciously melodramatic film, and also beautiful to look at.

Can't say I have tried to pair to tobaccos to vehicles, though. For cars, maybe C&D's Midnight Drive would fit the bill? I never smoked that blend, so I cannot speak to its quality, however.

Reactions: canucklehead

jbfrady

Jul 27, 2023
South Carolina
Virginia Plug by Cobblestone: (playing off the homonym Plain, single ingredient in this case, for plane)
Eighteen Twenty by Germain: This was the decade of the first railroad.
Jackknife by GLP: Alternate usage of the word is involved in skidding and causing some hairy situations to ensue.