PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Well, I decided to rehydrate a chunk of decade old Pirate Kake today and smoke it in my Meer, what a mistake. It tasted like I stuck a ground up peice of charcoal in my pipe. I really like Latakia but it was truly awful. The problem is it's been so long since I smoked the stuff I can't remember if it's worse now or maybe my tastes have just gotten better. Anyway else have this type of experiance with a tobacco you used to like? I can still remember my first latakia blend experiance and it was one of those wow moments that you only get once. This was definatly not one of them.

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
Those are good points, one of the reasons I enjoy my time here so much. Everyone's answers seem to be so well thought out and measured. It's almost as if each one of you are pipe smokers......hmmmmm food for thought!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I have a question. I have some 5 year-old Pirate Kake and it nis dry. How did you re-hydrate it? My thought is to break it up but I'd like nto know how you handeled it.

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
@papipeguy I put my tobacco in a throwaway ziplock tupperware container with a cigar humidor ring. It has that green stuff in it they use for plants. I usually soak it for an hour in distilled water. If the container is sealed it takes about 24 hrs for a bone dry chunk of tobacco to reach 40% humidity which seems to be ideal for keeping it lit. One of these days when I see a cigar humidor I will buy one just for this purpose but the wife is watching my purchases :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.