PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Took a trip to Lewes, DE to visit my folks and enjoyed a pipe at the harbor. Very breezy however and tough to get it lit, but light it I did!
lewes-600x427.jpg

oldredbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2012
I bet once you got it lit, it smoked better than it ever has before. Beautiful view Six, thanks for sharing sir.
I recently went to Savannah, GA and had a similar experience smoking a pipe and watching the ships come into port.

terry

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Cool.. Nice Pic. I really enjoy my pipes when I'm camping.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
just came back from the gulf coast with the family.
a pier, an ocean view, a grandchild fishing and a pipe full of goodness...what else is there to life?
nice pic, six.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks guys. It was good to see my parents as they are getting old (entering their 80s) and sadly my Dad's only been given another 3 mos to live (cancer).
a pier, an ocean view, a grandchild fishing and a pipe full of goodness...what else is there to life?
Very nice!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Lighting a pipe in a strong onshore breeze is pure sport. I've used all kinds of objects as wind breaks

and usually prevail, although it takes a few matches. I don't use a lighter (that's cheating). If you have

a cooperative spouse to block the gale, that sometimes works. If a boat is up on a trailer or moored between

me and the wind, that can work. It's a test of ingenuity and persistence. Some of the old salts can do this

just with their hands. In a light breeze, I can too.

natenice1

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2014
Sorry about your dad Six, my prayers are with him, lost my dad in 09 the same way I miss him dearly great you are cherishing the time! Nice pipe and view by the way.

Dec 24, 2012
Wow, that looks like a great spot. Glad you had an enjoyable vacation. I am also glad you could spend some time with your Dad.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Wow, that looks like a great spot. Glad you had an enjoyable vacation. I am also glad you could spend some time with your Dad.
Thanks Peck - much appreciated. It was a very pleasant visit I have to say.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
just revisited this thread and can only add that your family's thoughts and prayers are with us here.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks to both of you - much appreciated.
He and I had been estranged for several years, but my wife convinced me I should see him again.
I was a bit estranged from my Dad as well - but never too late to make amends. Glad you got to see yours before he died.

Status
Not open for further replies.