PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
Having a great time in Paris. Ran across another pipe smoker at a cafe on Sainte Germaine. He was smoking a Dunhill but not sure about the tobacco. You can pretty much smoke at any cafe here and everybody just accepts it.
Just took this shot out my hotel window.

We went to mass at Notre Dame this afternoon. The lads loved it. My wife took this shot in the courtyard.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Great pics Peck. I hope you get to enjoy many bowls with the freedom of not being persecuted and being able to relax.

hanymamdouh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2012
Egypt
Enjoy your trip friend. I will visit Paris next November during my eurotrip. i was afraid of smoking laws in Europe especially in Paris, your post killed my worry.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks for sharing Peck - awesome view and photo! Must have been amazing to attend a service at Notre Dame too. Hope you can keep the pics coming - I enjoy traveling vicariously.

terry

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Cool picks...did you find any interesting tobacco shops there?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Ah, Paris. My wife and I had a great time, and were stranded in Chartres overnight after seeing the cathedral,

and spent the night in a monastery after all the hotels were full because of a music festival in ... Paris! Opened

the tall shutters to the open air in the morning and saw clouds of swallows swirling. Later heard a full string

orchestra in the subway. Ah, Paris.

Dec 24, 2012
I just saw the responses to this thread now since I was cut off from the Internet shortly after I posted it. Paris is amazing and I did stumble upon one tobacco shop which I made my wife take some pictures of. I will hound her to give them to me so I can post them.
Paris is an amazingly beautiful city. The hotel we stayed in (which is where I took the first shot from) was in a very old building It was nice, but there weren't many luxuries in the hotel. The elevator that took us to our 5th floor room was incredibly tiny. It held one person and a bag (barely) and that was it. The elevator we have in our house is small but it is at least twice the size of the elevator in the hotel, which my kids found amusing. Parisians are used to cramp quarters compared to North Americans, that's for sure.
I had not been to France since the 1990s and will definitely be going back, though probably to places other than Paris. We are thinking we might go back next summer. So I thought I would ask the question: where have you been to in France and what places (cities, regions etc.) would you recommend?

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Haven't been to Paris, but we're heading there this November and then wander around the Northern end of Italy for a couple of weeks. Looking forward to it!

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
I've only been to Paris and Nice, but I thought the beaches in Nice, with their big rocks instead of sand, were interesting and it was a pretty city, though touristy.

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
That's awesome Peck, but I smoke a pipe in Paris EVERYDAY. I'm just on a different continent, lol.

B

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
where have you been to in France and what places (cities, regions etc.) would you recommend?
Check out the Alsace Region, Peck.
The capital is a town called Strasbourg ... A remarkable place with much to see and do!
It's right on the eastern border and has an interesting French / Germanic blend.
Puts you within driving distance of Zurich and Lichtenstein as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.