PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
Just curious, is all. Was sniffing around looking for membership demographics. Don't know that it interests anyone else. And for me, just mild curiosity. Is there any collation of data here on
- Countries represented by membership?

- Number of female pipe smokers who are actively posting?

- No. of preferred members, members, junior members, new members at a moment?

- Trend up/down in membership? Activity by members?
Again, not a major issue. Mild curiosity.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It might be a touchy point, but average and median age would be interesting, but I don't

think that data is given by members. I think we run from college students in their late

teens to elders. I'm just a kid myself, ahem.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yeah, I think Forums members don't much cotton to "nosy Parkers." Maybe the demographics will

have to remain speculative. I keep hoping that the NSA will be drown in data, but who knows. If

I had to read other peoples' email for as much as a half day, I'd die of boredom. Or phone calls,

or tweets. Groan.

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
There's lies. damned lies and then there's fuiken statistics, or that's what we say in Scotland!!

sergemoat

Can't Leave
Oct 15, 2011
I believe there was a survey that went around the pipesmagazine website in 2010/11 you can read about it here

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Here is a copy / paste from my notes for the Chicago pipe show panel we did.
Audience Also Likes -The people who visit pipesmagazine.com are also likely to visit these categories and sites:
science/nature

auto news & info

science & technology

politics & commentary

technology

home & gardening

humor

schools/universities

nonprofit

books
Age of Our Website visitors - is almost represented evenly acrossed all ranges, but with a slight bias towards young adults.
The 18-24 age range is the highest, followed by 35-44, and 25-34 comes in 3rd. 45-54 is close behind and 55-64 is tied with it.
Households with children: 66% No kids, 34% have kids.
Income: Middle Income. Most of our audience (30%) make $50-100k, followed by $50k or less (50%), then $100-150k (12%), $150k+ (9%)
Education: 45% college degree, 40% no college and 15% Grad School
Mobile vs. Web - 2/3rds visit using a computer and 1/3 visits on a mobile device
Countries
United States

United Kingdom

Canada

Australia

Italy

Germany

France

Sweden

Spain

Brazil

Denmark, Greece, Netherlands, Turkey, & Japan. (96 different countries total)

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Disappointed in the lack of sports fans amongst the piping crew. Everything else doesn't seem like much of a surprise other than the 75/25 split on gender.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Wow, the new information is VERY interesting! I've been under the impression that the average age of pipe smokers is somewhere just south of dead. It's encouraging to know that people of all age groups are enjoying this wonderful, life threatening pastime (Don't get your panties in a bunch - baking cookies can be life threatening. Ultimately EVERYTHING is...).

As for the increase in female pipesters, I look forward to more of their participation in the forums.

brianlevine

Might Stick Around
Oct 10, 2011
When I registered four years ago, I said I was a 20 year old female French model making over $150k while going to University that enjoyed art, knitting and Kittens. After all, everything on the internet must be true and that is how I got Kevin's attention.
Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.