PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Thank you to blendtobac for posting about CPT Black's Dark. It led to my firt full-blown TAD:
6 ea. Captain Black

Dark Pouch

(1.5oz pouch)
1 50g Sampler set of Froggy
3 MacBaren Virginia Flake
1 Ea (1.5 oz) Sutliff: Maple Street, Moulin Rouge, St George, Berkshire, Academy, Balkan Lxy 957, Bosphorus Cruise, Bacchanalia, Barbados Plantation, Tabac Noir, Sunrise Smoke, Privat Stock No. 5, Great Outdoors,Golden Age, Kentucky Planter
4, yes 4, 1 lb bags of Best of the Rest. I am going to jar it up and see how it goes.
All that for well under $200 shipped.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Thanks! I read a lot on here, and have gotten small samples of this an that from my Tinderbox here. I hsve yet to dislike anything I have smoked. The only limiting factor thus far is nicotine sickness, lol. But even those tobaccos taste good. I just smoke smaller bowls and try to smoke slowly.

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Holy crap! What a haul! Have fun smoking all that baccy when it arrives, I'm sure it'll take a while!
-Frank

smokedogrememberthatsht

Might Stick Around
Nov 18, 2012
Florida
I know that have been a few negative remarks regarding p&c so I'd like to add one that's positive if I may. I ordered several pounds of C&D bulk (which is all I smoke) and got 15% off on all of it. It came quickly via ups 3 day. I'm very satisfied with the experience.
Thanks
Mike

boudreaux

Apr 7, 2013
Yikes, are you substitung that haul for your current home heating fuel? :lol:

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
From what I've seen Russ posting lately on how impressive the new facility is... I'm hoping for a lean mean tobacco machine here in the near future where they never run out of stock on anything ever again.
Haha. :puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's an impressive array, all of it. That's quite a selection of Sutliff. If you do anything like

an organized sampling, it would be interesting to read a review. Any thoughts on any blends

are always welcome, especially if you fine some especially good. There are always one or two

that don't ring your chimes right away, but some of those come back around.

barleynbaccy

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
I got the 3 free tins of SPS with the IPSD deal PandC had and I was not been disappointed. Now I get a new one to try every time I order. They are really good for the price. I just picked up an 8oz can of No.5 hoping to age it.

430pat

Lurker
Jul 5, 2013
Connecticut
On Pipes and Cigars I have been a loyal customer for about 2 years placing 2-3 orders per month never had a problem until they were bought out I still have items on back order for over 2 months I used to email Bobby when ever there was an issue and he would promptly take care of it he is now gone to bad he was a get it done guy.I am not saying I won't order from them but I have been ordering from from other stores until they can prove that they can get it right again. I keep going to their site everything is sold out or back order and when I do place an order I get partial orders and have to call and argue with customer service about what they forgot.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I've noticed that a number of the buy 5 tins for a price break are no longer offered, e.g. MacBaren products. Also, the discount break on 5 tins or more has significantly decreased on the brands the offer is still available on, making it less desirable to purchase an extra tin or two for said discount. I've also seen a number of their bulk products increase in price, too.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Hey 430pat! Glad to see you start posting to the forums! :clap:
It has been a real test of patience in ordering from P&C lately. Hope things change real soon.

I have had 3 tins on back order for about a month now. That I don't mind. I just hope they

can track their back orders so my purchase eventually gets here.

tanless1

Sep 14, 2010
Sales come and go;and are often replaced with new and different ones

Till their time has passed only to be replaced by yet another.

430pat

Lurker
Jul 5, 2013
Connecticut
Called Smokingpipes.com today because I could only order 2 tins of FVF on line I asked them if I could pay in advance for 20 tins and they could ship in ten days so I would not have to pay shipping on ten orders the answer was I had to call every day and order two tins are you kidding me??? all of a sudden all the tobacco shops are becoming tobacco NAZIS. It was easier to get pot 40 years ago when I was a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.