PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
Finished a couple oz. of pipesandcigars.com Russ' Coco-Nut & thought I'd post my humble impressions since my taste buds aren't talented enough to really come up with a review .

A while back I tried some Sutliff No. 19 Coconut Almond & really enjoyed it. When I came across Russ' blend I thought it was worth a try. A coconut-scented pipe tobacco? Why not since the first one was darn delicious!

Russ' Coco-Nut is basically a leafy burley aromatic with a bit of added Virginias for sweetness with a coconut & nut-flavored casing/topping. Like most aromatics the topping burns off fairly quickly but I don't ever mind if the underlying tobaccos are tasty.

Not too moist, packs & burns easily, & is easy to smoke with minimal relights. My pipes stayed pretty clean with minimal goop consisting mainly of my drool over how good it is.

Coco-Nut is quite mild, but like many other high-quality aromatics, it's beauty lies in that subtle mildness combined with a great room note + easy smokability.

Bonus - it's not very expensive as a bulk blend.

Bottom line - I liked it! I think it actually may just be Sutliff No. 19, but that's ok. I liked that one. No. 19 claims reminiscence to the Almond Joy candy bar. The Almond Joy candy bar satisfied my sweet unabashed tooth & Russ' Coco-Nut did too. Think I might dig into that jar of Peretti's Blend 432 - another blend that has some coconut.

Now to work up the cajones to try some GH & Co. Sweet Coconut Twist...

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Finished a couple oz. of pipesandcigars.com Russ' Coco-Nut & thought I'd post my humble impressions since my taste buds aren't talented enough to really come up with a review .

A while back I tried some Sutliff No. 19 Coconut Almond & really enjoyed it. When I came across Russ' blend I thought it was worth a try. A coconut-scented pipe tobacco? Why not since the first one was darn delicious!

Russ' Coco-Nut is basically a leafy burley aromatic with a bit of added Virginias for sweetness with a coconut & nut-flavored casing/topping. Like most aromatics the topping burns off fairly quickly but I don't ever mind if the underlying tobaccos are tasty.

Not too moist, packs & burns easily, & is easy to smoke with minimal relights. My pipes stayed pretty clean with minimal goop consisting mainly of my drool over how good it is.

Coco-Nut is quite mild, but like many other high-quality aromatics, it's beauty lies in that subtle mildness combined with a great room note + easy smokability.

Bonus - it's not very expensive as a bulk blend.

Bottom line - I liked it! I think it actually may just be Sutliff No. 19, but that's ok. I liked that one. No. 19 claims reminiscence to the Almond Joy candy bar. The Almond Joy candy bar satisfied my sweet unabashed tooth & Russ' Coco-Nut did too. Think I might dig into that jar of Peretti's Blend 432 - another blend that has some coconut.

Now to work up the cajones to try some GH & Co. Sweet Coconut Twist...
Another almond joy flavor is Match Hines Mixture. ?

Reactions: twoonefive
Status
Not open for further replies.