PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Well, I was finally able to speak with a customer service rep today after being on hold for only about 20 minutes. I'd ordered 8/27 and my order status was still noted as "processing" as of today. The rep said what I'd ordered was and is in stock-so that wasn't the hold-up. She basically said they'd simply screwed up and she would send an e-mail to "management" to get the order out. Sadly, I'll believe it when I see it as to being shipped.

K.E. Powell

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 20, 2022
West Virginia
I can only speak to my experiences, which I will in a moment, but man. Listening to some of the gripes here reminds me of how fortunate I am to no longer work retail. I work in a literal prison, and I feel more respected and cared for there than I did in any service industry job, and this thread reminds me why. Some of these complaints issued here are 100% legitimate, and, ultimately, where a person does business is solely their concern. But tapdancing Christ, there are people here who have had their (usually very minor) issues solved, and STILL it ain't good enough. There are over 350 million people in this country alone; why are people surprised or upset that they may have to wait a little bit while people before them are served? If you are treated rudely and/or your issue is not solved, then yes, that is uncool. Or, if the hiccups happen over and over again? Alright, understandable. Do business elsewhere. But man, if you have an issue and a bunch of mostly overworked and underpaid people try their best to fix it and do so, and you still complain? Bruh. Ain't pointing fingers or calling anyone specific out, but that level of entitlement and expectation of others borders on insane to me. Just my two cents.

Anyway, I've had two issues in the past with P&C, though the first is only an issue in a technical sense. The first was when I bought one of the Stanwell PotY 2022 pipes. I ordered the sandblast because it was the cheapest variant at the time. I was sent the walnut smooth instead, which was a good deal more costly. I told P&C this apprehensively, because I actually liked this stain much more and was willing to accept it, but I didn't want to short them. They told me that it wasn't no big deal. Pretty cool. The second involved an order where I didn't get a small thing of cleaning oil or somesuch. I emailed them, they replied a few days later, and I got my oil within a few days no problem. So, thus far, my experiences have been good. When issues arise, they fix them. They're not the fastest service, but they make due.

That being said, it's hard to beat SP. They got that Tim Duncan levels of consistency, and they ship fast and respond fast. They're the better service, but P&C has some good deals now 'n then, and they carry new Stanwell pipes, which TP and SP don't as far as I can tell. I do love me some Stanwell pipes.