PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jrharrigan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2020
P&C has a 15% off code listed on their site. I dutifully ordered $105 worth of tobacco to make the minimum, then plugged in the code.

I was told the code was successfully applied, and I went to check out.

Of course the code wasn't applied. This is the 5th or so time this has happened. As a result, I guess I am just done with P&C. I hope someone from P&C scans these threads, but given their shoddy customer service, I suppose that's a very long shot.

So it goes.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
I had that happen once before. I called the customer service number, and they applied the appropriate discount...

I haven't had a lot of problems with P&C in the past. The tobacco orders were always correct. They have messed up on merch orders though, sending the wrong item, and then being sold out of the item I ordered when I received the shipment, which was upsetting.

Their packing did leave something to be desired also.

Things seemed to improve around 2016-2017 as far the responsiveness of their customer service. After that it kind of went downhill again. They did offer some good discounts a few years ago, I don't know about recently, as I haven't ordered from them in a few years.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I've received damaged orders from them a few times with no customer support but the infamous IPSD 2017 debacle did me with them. Double charged for an order I never received and no monetary reimbursement. I did receive an expired bag of coffee beans though.?

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
I've had good luck in the past when ordering from P&C, however, most of my business goes to SPC. The SPC website is easier to navigate, you see pictures of the pipe you are buying, and they ship fast.

Reactions: BROBS and RobNYC

Jimmy_Jack

Can't Leave
Jun 24, 2021
I've ordered a few times and never had an issue. I ordered during a special once and did not get the Sutliff ashtray I was supposed to get, they shipped it right out. Sorry to hear about your experience.

Reactions: BROBS

homesteader

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2019
I ran into the same thing. What appears to be happening is if something is on sale it doesn't go toward the total. I checked this by adding a bunch of something that wasn't on sale, and it did show the discount. I removed that item and the discount went away, even though my total was over $100, and some items were not on sale but not enough to get the discount. This always makes me mad so I just emptied my online cart and bought elsewhere.

Staggerlee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 4, 2021
Clearwater Florida
I’ve been ordering from PC for years. I only had one problem with two parts. I had moved and didn’t think to change my address with them. When I called them to find out where my order was, I discovered my mistake. They sent a replacement order right out. When I received it, they had sent 5 tubs of Captain Black original and I had ordered 5 cans of CB Dark. Once again, I called and they apologized and sent the correct order at once. I doubt if they ever had the original order returned from my old address but they didn’t charge me for it.