PipesAndCigars.Com: Are They Trustworthy?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

3 Fresh Tine Balleby Pipes
36 Fresh Vauen Pipes
New Cigars
18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
3 Fresh Askwith Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

May 14, 2024
United States
In recent months I've seen some blends available on Pipesandcigars that weren't available anywhere else at that time, or at least not for a comparable price. So far I've not needed to use them, but going forward I would like to have that option.

However, I've also seen some posts here that mention trouble ordering from P&C and advise avoiding them. I can't seem to find those posts now, and I want to get a clearer idea of what the (apparently) ongoing issue is with this retailer before I make some upcoming purchases.

Could anyone tell me what the rub is regarding this site? They look very well established and have positive reviews, generally speaking.

What's been your experience using these guys, and/or what warnings would you offer?

MattRVA

Lifer
Feb 6, 2019
Richmond Virginia
I’ve had good and bad experiences with them. The packaging isn’t that great and they have missed items in my order before but promptly corrected the issue. It’s safe to order from them but be aware that you may have issues, more so than Smoking Pipes.

May 14, 2024
United States
I had a feeling this would be a touchy subject; I didn't know that sponsorship was an element of that conversation.

This being the case, could you guys please let me know who are the sponsors for this forum? If I understand SEO correctly, live ads and a designated page would only give a partial picture.

Thanks

khiddy

Starting to Get Obsessed
I have had good experience with P&C, even when I've had slight issues with my order. Just know that their online tracking system is shite, and in order to get customer service you need to call rather than rely on their online form.

For the record, I also order regularly from forum sponsors Smoking Pipes, Tobacco Pipes, Missouri Meerschaum, PipeStud, and TinBids, all of which I've also had excellent service from.

Other reliable online sources that I've ordered from include CigarBid, Cup O' Joes, Boswell Pipes, and Pipe Shoppe. I even just placed an order from Germany, from Estervals. If you're gonna grow your cellar, you've got to shop around and go where the desirable blends are available.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I don't believe P&C will outright steal your money. If you have a problem though, count on spending a lot of time trying to get customer service to fix it. And their customer service is horrible. Their incident rate for problems is much higher than is acceptable these days for online purchases. The problem incident rate with TP AND SP is almost non existent. And if there is a problem, their customer service is excellent and prompt.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Poor P&C! Perennially getting beaten up. I‘be ordered from them many times over the years with no serious issues. Once, they sent me a tin of the wrong tobacco. Big deal.
Their packaging is crap. That seems to be largely the standard with online tobacco retailers.
The hate really set in a few years ago when they installed new order tracking software that was engineered by a retarded chimp that seriously messed things up for several weeks and the hate has never stopped.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I've only had two relatively good experiences with them but because of others' experiences I don't go to them unless it's something significant like when there was a 25% off of everything sale.

Reactions: Servant King

ThomasS

Can't Leave
Apr 30, 2024
Bayfield, WI
I haven't had trouble with the three orders I placed with P&C, but I am quite willing to believe that it was luck. My deepest sympathies to Woodsroad - that's awful and well worth considering making me stay away from P&C in the future.

But I also say do not trust PayPal at all. Never keep money there, and only use them if you're really really sure - they will happily steal your money, and when you complain they send you their Terms and Conditions that say they can do it. PayPal is just short of a scam in its own right.