Here
That's 28, Duane?
Are they 606's Hawky?
jay-roger.jpg

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Embers, that’s the next shap I’ll probably be getting, I almost pulled the trigger on one but then I found the Tortuga.
Jay, it’s the 677ks Tortuga. Do you remember Heroes & Legacies? The pipe I posted above this last post was a house pipe for H&L made by Savinelli. I bought it in 2009 for $40 but it never had the model number in the nomenclature so I never knew exactly what shape it was, I’ve been wanting to buy another one for a long time now. I cracked the shank on it about two weeks after I bought it, which is why it has an after market band on the shank, it adds character to it, haha. . Even after all these years it’s been one of my favorite pipes, I just love the feel of it, it’s just a solid pipe.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
That's 28, Duane?
At this point I've lost count. I haven't even bought the last five or six of them. Have to say though, the lady of the house did me proud with the one pictured. I've never even heard of a Sterling mount in the Deluxe line, and she got it and a Savinelli tamper for $22.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I really like the Dr. Grabow bent bulldogs. Just received a bent Grabow Royal Duke with a silver band today. I already have a Grabow Royalton bent bulldog and a Grabow Grand Duke bent bulldog.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Tom Eltang pokers. I gave two away to very good friends and just bought myself a third. And, no, I'm not looking for anymore friends... :wink:

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Just added a second Qandale to the stable. Inexpensive, comfortable, decent smoker every time.
Also 5 GBD bulldogs of the same shape, A bargain on the estate market and solid smokers.
A 7 day set I compiled of Willmer Bel Airs, a Bing shape.

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Savinelli Sterling Spigot.
When I first got into pipes it was the Peterson Summertime 2016, just because I loved the way they look (still do). And of course multiple MM Legend corn cobs.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
A 7 day set I compiled of Willmer Bel Airs, a Bing shape.
Great pipes those Willmer Bel Airs. I have two, wonderful smokers, and a very true rendition of the Bing shape!
belair21.jpg

:)4

Last edited:

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
But it looks like pictures were lost... Uploaded the above last night from my album, had to upload it again this morning.

p40warhawk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2019
I have two Savinelli "Bings Favorite" Smooth AND TWO Peterson Sherlock Holmes Baskerville smooth. I can't help it, when I see one I truly like, two must be better!
Dan

whitebar

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 12, 2015
Colorado
I have 7 Castello shape 55 pipes. Amazing smokers with what seems to me to be the perfect bend.

M

Merton

Well, here goes: I have been a lurker here for years and have enjoyed it and learned a great deal. I have enjoyed reading the observations of so many of you, most especially Brad, Npod, jim,Harris, Peck and others. In this iteration, i have been a pipesmoker for about 8 years although earlier in my life I smoked a pipe for 15 or so years and took a hiatus when my kids were young. Eight years ago I only smoked large pipes and would never have even looked at smaller ones. I loved Pete's and Sav's and soon discovered
Ardor and Radice. I especially loved Radice pipes and still have a number of them. I did, however, make the mistake of buying a first castello, an estate 55. PAD soon burned brightly and so did my love for the 55 shape. Howe

M

Merton

(geez, first post and I screwed it up!) Anyway, I have now migrated almost exclusively to the Castello10. Inexplicably, given my longstanding preference for larger pipes, it was love at first sight. My collection in no way rivals Npod's tremendous collection of the Castello 44 but it has grown to a comfortable 9 castello 10s and a couple of 11s. There is just something about about the short, chunky and stubby shape, not to mention that a Castello is a piece of utilitarian beauty that makes me reach for one every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.