PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
These are my two little guys. The bicolor on the left was trapped on Mt Hood, where he had to feed and fend for himself, and did it well. He was probably abandoned. I'm almost certain he survived a coyote attack. Now he just LOVES being a house cat.

The black cat on the right was feral his first 4 months and spent a year in a shelter (thanks to the Cat Alliance Team Sanctuary!). We knew he got along with other cats but he wasn't too sure about people. Luckily he learned from his buddy that us bipeds are ok and he is friendly now.

They love to come out and sit with me on the deck when I smoke, in companionable silence. The black cat will even be waiting for me by the door when he sees me pack my pipe.

1636591490368.jpeg

Aomalley27

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
I was mowing the grass in the yard the other day and several baby mantisesssss, or is it manti? were scaling the wall to escape.
I stopped my work and they are all safe!
Praying Mantises are great for taking out pet pests; like ticks! This year is especially bad with ticks. *I also plant marigolds and chrysanthemum in my yard to rid it of ticks. They produce limonene which is a repellent, as well as toxic to ticks.