PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
Selling "free" samples for a penny isn't going to cut it with the FDA.
Last I checked, pennies were still legal tender. So if they're no longer allowed to give stuff away for free, and nothing said about how much they had to sell something for, what can they do?

Jan 8, 2013
If a law says something cannot be given away for free, than should the lawmakers not also state a minimum price of said product? Otherwise, I see no argument against charging at least something.... being a penny. It's that simple if they're too stupid to state a minimum charge.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
If the Feds are wearing jackets with FDA printed in two foot yellow lettering, I am fine with that. Or wearing standard issue thin brimmed fedoras. Otherwise, i see myself asking everyone I see and don't know, "Are you a narc?"

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
If a law says something cannot be given away for free, than should the lawmakers not also state a minimum price of said product?
Don't tell them! They hadn't figured it out!

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
The general consensus is that Buy X, Get X Free deals can still be done because a purchase is required to get the extra goods. The question was posed to an FDA representative and they said it should be okay to do. We're going to have to see if that will allow us to do anything for promotions like a goodie box that includes tobacco or cigars.
Russ

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
I had no issues with this year's box. They will continue to be hot tickets. Some may be disappointed. Some will not. I was not. Last three were all good for me.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
The general consensus is that Buy X, Get X Free deals can still be done because a purchase is required to get the extra goods.
These are great. Anything that involves buying something and then getting Royal Yacht free is even better.

Jan 8, 2013
I really hate to complain about something that was "free"...
Then don't. It's that freaking simple. The quote, by the way, was from the earlier thread Ericthered linked to. If you don't know what everything is going to be in the goody box, clearly you are taking a risk ordering enough to become eligible for the free stuff. You may or may not like everything in it. It's your choice to place the order. Why complain about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.