Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2017
Maryland
<p>Aw, man I didn't order from them all this time, heard some bad reviews, but now I will definitely make an order. I just received a catalog in the mail and it has some good fall deals. Thank you pipe community.

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
I have not gotten my Dunhill BO, but that is because PayPal timed out the authorization. Not P&C's fault.

I only place orders for in stock items now and have had zero issues. Most places don't let you order out of stock items. Perhaps P&C should follow that.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
The other issue is still up in the air. I ordered 2 pounds of EMP with the same 3 tin sampler deal on July 29th. It's backordered....still. I see they have EMP bulk. So I sent a message to customer service this week, they said they are waiting for tobacco from the distributor. My thoughts are, you have bulk in stock, on the site, ship the crap. it's been a month and a half. kind of a joke if you ask me.
I will address this with our people for you. Can you send me your order number? Just drop me a note at russo@pipesandcigars.com.
Russ

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Okay, I checked into the issue about the 1 lb. bags of EMP. An order has to be submitted to the warehouse to create 1 lb. bags. The bulk that we needed for do that just arrived, and an order has been turned in. They should begin building the bags today, so I would guess that your backorder will be filled next week.
Russ

mwsmoker

Might Stick Around
Sep 15, 2017
The biggest problem I have with them is policy less than execution. They don't let you know something is back-ordered when you place an order. They don't give an ETA for back-orders. The first indication you're not getting your order is when they finally ship something / anything and then you see that they accepted your big order with no way to fill it.
Call them about your back order and they look in the computer and say, "oh, sorry. That's back-ordered." Uh, thanks for the new and helpful information.
SmokingPipes is a much better retailer in every way, IMO.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I've had nothing but good luck with P&C -- and that goes all the way back to their Albany days. Even during the hectic times of the CI takeover and move to Bethlehem, I seem to have dodged the bullets that zinged some other customers. Nothing for me to gripe about, and I hope P&C does well going forward ...because I can't envision life without Russ's blends.
@mwsmoker: in another post you asked about cellaring as a hedge against future changes. I recommend you look into P&C's "RO series" (limited edition blends).

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
Russ - I have noticed the change-over to using bubble wrap bags for packing. I'd guess I've received 3 orders now with the bags and haven't had a single tin arrive unsealed. Thank you for your work in this regard as poor packing was a big problem with P&C in the past.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
Honestly, after the large snafu earlier in the year, I wasn't sure about P&C; but I can honestly say that Russ coming out and talking about the problem and genuinely helping people figure out what is going on has made up my mind. They mean well and any lingering issues will get better.

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
Okay, I checked into the issue about the 1 lb. bags of EMP. An order has to be submitted to the warehouse to create 1 lb. bags. The bulk that we needed for do that just arrived, and an order has been turned in. They should begin building the bags today, so I would guess that your backorder will be filled next week.
So P&C just putting 1lb bags together from bulk instead if waiting for 1lb bags from manufacturer? Is it specific to Dunhill or can be done with other blends too?

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
So P&C just putting 1lb bags together from bulk instead if waiting for 1lb bags from manufacturer? Is it specific to Dunhill or can be done with other blends too?
We do this for high-volume bulks. We've done it for Lane, Captain Black and others when we do a 1 lb. sale. To do it, we have to create a production order and the packaging is fulfilled by the sampler department. We generally do it when we expect to sell more than 100 bags. If we expect less than that, then the bags are filled on the fly.
Russ

forloveoffreedom

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 29, 2013
Adding a different toon to earlier post: tried the big sale with "pipes17" coupon for %17 off on 16 tins. They showed up in perfect condition 3 days later. Point them.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I would order, but the delivery times to here are absurd, and so many blends that one might want are out of stock. So... I wait and see how orders placed a few weeks ago are going to shake out. If there is a concern for recent customers, and the absurd ten-day mailing time perhaps lessens, it might be worth ordering. I like what Russ does (!!!) and the general idea of P&C, which is like a tobacco Walmart in the sky. Who can dislike that?

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
I received my backorder today.
I do appreciate the help from Russ. Now waiting for Bengal Slices to get restocked.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
The sales I see on the site right now makes me envious of the fact they don't ship international, like 7.50 a tin for Dunhill etc

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Order from P&C without fear. A great outfit and Russ is dedicated to making sure that's the case. His blends include many all-time classics, no matter what style you're into.
Ren

mwsmoker

Might Stick Around
Sep 15, 2017
I realized my prior response seems more negative than I intended. I've been buying from P&C for many years, since well before the move from Albany. There are things that frustrate me, and P&C no longer gets the bulk of my business, but I have no doubts about the honesty, integrity, or product quality you'll get from them.

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
My issues have never been with P&C, but with our inept postal system. The USPS has seen it necessary to send my packages from Bethlehem to Philadelphia via several states west of the Mississippi on several occasions.
One time a tub of Granger was routed through Alaska. My tobacco is better traveled than I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.