PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seamusjft

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2012
Has anyone tried pipes and cigars (.com) dunhill matches. In particular EMP and My mixture. The prices just sound too good to be true!

gray4lines

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 6, 2012
KY
I have the EMP match. I can say that it is one of my favorite blends to date. However, I've never actually smoked the "real" EMP! (At the time I ordered the match, I was under the impression that it was the "real deal").
AAnyway, it its smooth, mild, slightly smokey, slightly sweet. Lots of flavor, and burns great. Mine (8oz bulk) arrived slightly moist, but it drys pretty quickly and packs easily. I would buy it again, even if it does not really taste like Dunhill EMP, it is just a good blend.
I do have a tin of EMP, but am waiting to smoke up some of what I already have opened before I pop it!

seamusjft

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2012
Thanks gray. That sounds much like EMP from your description and you answered my main concern which was if I was gonna get stuck with a bag of nastiness. It's so cheap, especially by the uk standards, I gotta give it a go.

Cheers for the reply dude

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
During the temporary drought of Dunhill blends in the US, I got some of the 'matches' issued by P&C (which I think was Altadis), McClelland and others. Even if it wasn't quite a match, I thought Alt965 was pretty good in its own right. Same for AMP, though I'm less into EMP.
hp

les

Status
Not open for further replies.