PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
UPS just left, happy dance dispensed with and I settle down to open my box from P&C.
Bit different packing this time around, all the contents were neatly wrapped in butcher paper bundles. Nice touch.

Unwrapping the various bundles, smiling with each one, there's the Frog Morton I've been looking forward to trying and under that bundle is the box of small matches I always appreciate and...... what the hell is this?
A cigar?
Hmmm, know nothing about cigars, a stogie? One end is already clipped. Band sez Hecho A Mano, Honduras, Sancho Panza.
OK, this decidedly sucks.

I enjoy my snus and snuff and pipe and what are those suppliers of tobacco over there at P&C doing but tempting me into the world of Cigars?
ENABLERS I tell you, simplenootherwaytosayit Enablers!
You folks over at Pipes and Cigars really do rock, thanks! (-:
Lemme see now.... some bourbon and matches and recliner, I do know which end to light, I'm set for awhile (-;

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
tip it in a little brandy or whiskey
Totally ignorant here. Just dip it or soak for awhile, which end?

Is this the order with your bulk St. James Flake?
It is kami.

Sweeter still, I paid for 8oz bulk and received a sealed SG 250g box. All the bulk I've ever gotten from all vendors is usually on the heavy side but this works out to a bit over 3/4oz heavy.

gotta love it!

kamikazesasquatch

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2011
I haven't gotten mine yet, so hopefully I'll have a bit of a surprise waiting for me too :D Sounds like you got the hook up there. Pretty nice.

Jul 15, 2011
Just dip it or soak for awhile, which end?
Just take the end that you are going to have between your teeth, give it a quick dunk in brandy or, in my taste, rum. You can either let it dry or smoke it right after it has been dunked. This works really good for Maduro smokes or mild stogies.
do NOT ruin a good cigar by dipping it...
This is one of those things that people get very polarized on, but I think that its something that you should try at least once in your lifetime, especially since you got the stick for free. I would never dunk a stick that I paid upwards of $5 for, but for cheap stogies, it adds a little something to the experience.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
well you can dip it and just wet the outside- let it dry for about 20-30 min.

you can soak it for about 5 min.- let it dry 2-5 hours.
really depends when you want to smoke it.

or you can just dip the tip avery few puffs and it will do nice too.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
I'm kinda bummed. I have put in several large (over $200 each) TAD orders in the past couples, and haven't gotten one thing. Not even a calendar, let alone a stogie. Well the service and product is excellent, I'm still bummed. Might have to shop elsewhere and see if I'm missed.....probably not, and then where will I get my H&H blends. Damn Lol
:puffpipe:

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
One of the best stoagies I've ever had was dipped in cognac
Long time ago though. No matter how you slice it, cigars are expensive if you smoke daily.

Jul 12, 2011
Not to start a cigar thread on pipesmag or anything ;-) but if you are looking for flavor in your stoggies...look to Drew Estate ones, some of the greatest "infused" cigars around... I have been buying them for years over at cigarintl.com and they are outta PA, so ground-ship is only a two day wait ;-)
Some of my favs

Tabak Especial Limited...see below clip on their description
The ultimate coffee infusion by Drew Estate.
Drew Estate Tabak Especial is a delicious infusion of Nicaragua’s finest coffee beans and aged, Esteli-grown long-fillers. This infusion results in a rich tobacco core layered by savory notes of espresso and milk chocolate, finished by a sweet, velvety aftertaste.
The Cafe con Leche is a special, limited production size that employs two premium wrappers to generate a wealth of exquisitely satisfying nuances and aromas. Both the foot and head of the cigar are cloaked with a dark Connecticut Broadleaf maduro, while the center of the cigar utilizes a silky shade-grown Connecticut leaf. Complexity is an understatement, as this cigar unloads a bold series of rich and creamy sensations throughout the slow burn.
Red Eye is a serious handmade for the serious enthusiast. To craft this stout, maduro-wrapped lovely, the masterminds at Drew Estate tripled the amount of ligero at play while maintaining a slight influence of rich coffee subtleties throughout the blend. More ligero means more Nicaraguan tobacco ... (Read More)

Jul 12, 2011
@Paul-I know, but give the Tabak Especial Limited a try, if you loved Kahlua or even their Java line these will make you also do the happy dance ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.