PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomdavis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 2, 2011
Houston TX
My daughter had her first child last night and named her Piper. When she told me that would be her name some months ago I smiled and commented that I appreciated her naming the child after me. I am sure she had not thought about that as I had to explain that pipe smokers are sometimes referred to as "pipers". But, that is still the kids name and one day her biological father will make the unintended connection and I will smile again. Life does provide some very lasting rewards. I know you will appreciate the irony.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
I would like to be the first to congratulate you on being a Grandfather, I must admit however, I am just a wee bit envious of you. I am quite certain your Granddaughter is quite beautiful, and you are a lucky man!!!!!

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Congratulations! Grandkids are great--for 24 hours or less!Then it's come get these little monsters!

cajunguy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
Congratulations indeed... and a wonderful name on top of it. I am a very young grandpa at thirty-four. My wife is a few years old than me (I will not give specifics lest she read this and kill me), and her oldest had his first child several years ago. Both stepsons consider me the dad, thus I'm also considered the grandpa. It's a great feeling.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Congratulations! Babies are so wonderful! Make sure you spoil her as every grandparent should!
-Jason
P.S.- Moved to General Discussion sub-forum.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
So when your daughter yells are your granddaughter, "PIPER COME HERE!"
I suspect that you will come running as well as the child yes? :rofl:

tomdavis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 2, 2011
Houston TX
As Bob, the boss, instructed I will post a photo of Piper. Her mother and grandmother would not back up so you also get them. This is my first attempt at adding a photo to a post but it does not sound like rocket science.
3generations.jpg

frtimmyd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 13, 2011
Oh my word! What a beautiful child. Mom and Grandmom aren't too bad either :wink:

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
Congratulations Sundown. I can tell you from personal experience that grandchildren are MUCH better than children. Best wishes, grandpa!

Status
Not open for further replies.