PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
Ok you guys convinced me. I just spent several hours washing a batch of pipes. I must say, they do smell better and it doesn't seem to have harmed them at all.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
I'm kinda disappointed that there was so little change in the pipe :| I didn't have a dog in the water v.s no water discussion but I thought there would be something other than the finish .

judcasper

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2019
Well, since no one else is claiming it, I want one dollar for everyone who still posts that water is dangerous everytime someone mentions water rincing.
Allow me to climb up on the fence and put this out there; what about pipes made from different woods? Does the fact that one pipe, made from one species of wood, tell us that all pipes, regardless of material, will survive just as bravely?

Reactions: jpmcwjr

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Jud, I only own pipes made of briar. I owned a Morta, but since its bog oak, Im sure it will do just fine. I've owned one olive wood pipe, but it was a piece of garbage without the water torture.
So, any volunteers for other woods?

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
Honestly. I don't think other woods are that pertinent.
It certainly wouldn't hurt to do other woods/other materials, but I'm willing to bet north of 90% of pipes in the world are briar, and I don't think our original group of agitators um, innovators were advocating for washing cobs or meerschaum.

Status
Not open for further replies.