Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryszard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2019
Europe
A certain quality woodwork pipe smoking tray, costing around 90$-150$, has recently gained quite a following among pipe smokers on Facebook. Having stumbled upon a topic about said pipe tray in this forum as well, I decided to set out on a journey finding something equally useful but without the steep price tag (justified or not, too expensive for me personally).

So let me show you my poor man's version of a portable pipe tray, which was (unfortunately) produced for consuming other types of leaf, but looks quite nice nevertheless, costs just 35$ on Amazon and thankfully comes without any too obvious depictions of its original purpose.

It is foldable and held together by quite strong magnets, which have the additional benefit of holding pipe cleaners in place for the wind not to take them away when smoking outside.

tray2.jpg
tray1.jpg
tray3.jpg

Amazon.com: Discreet Kit Large Flip Bamboo Rolling Tray Stash Box Bundle with 11x9 Smell Proof Bag and Raw King Size Rolling Papers (Flip Tray): Health & Personal Care - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082LPTM44/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_JmX-EbK4JZ5MW

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I like it. I don't care for the RAW logo. It's not something I would use, but I still like it.

Reactions: radrick96

radrick96

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2020
Orlando, Florida
I’ve ordered a “Pipe Valet” much like you’re talking about. But I also have a router so now I’m making one this weekend. Homemade is always better anyways. Haha

In the mean time, I use paper plates. It’s only a dollar for a stack that’ll last you forever. You can rest the stem of your pipe on the edge of the plate to hold it while you load it. You can fold them, bend them, funnel them to get leftover tobacco back into the jar.

One plate will last you forever. With a stack you can leave one in your desk, your car, and at home and never worry about having to use flimsy paper sheets again haha

Ryszard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2019
Europe
I bet it wouldn’t take much to remove some of that wood at the bottom to have the same funnel effect to get the tobacco back into the jar.

I've actually thought about doing this myself... if only I didn't have two left hands and would burn down the house in the process or something like that. ?

Just noticed that those two links I attached are not linking to the actual RAW tablet (which I have), but an almost identical one of another brand. While I'm guessing it's almost the same, if anyone cares for the RAW logo / "superior" finish enough to spend the extra 10$ - here's the link:

Amazon.com: Raw Backflip Magnetic Bamboo Rolling Tray: Kitchen & Dining - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D62WNF8/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_J61-EbR8AYPTK

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.