PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I sent in a few pipes I wasn't smoking much to get the 5% extra offered during January, for store credit at SP, so I've been lining up what I'd buy if I close the deal. I admit I really torture pipe buying, picking out several candidates, narrowing it down, and revisiting the same pipes over days or a week or two, to see how I feel. I have front runners and back-ups and dark horse pipes. And if I get to the point of trading and don't like any of my choices well enough, I can always default on a few cigars. I have occasionally gone on pure inspiration, especially at pipe shows where none of the merchandise will be there next week, and I've picked up some good pipes both ways. But given the chance, I torture the process and overthink it four ways to Friday. Not recommended, but it seems to be my way. Simultaneously, I'm shopping for a Christmas gift office chair (for home) that my wife is giving me, trying not to get tied in a knot.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yes, often the chase is the thing, and if you have many pipes, the level of difficulty increases to look for pipe you don't already (in effect) own, or once owned and didn't smoke much. I've shopped around enough in the past to be able to find pipes that I once coveted but that have come down a little in price, and store credit bestows a seeming discount.

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
Yes, often the chase is the thing, and if you have many pipes, the level of difficulty increases to look for pipe you don't already (in effect) own, or once owned and didn't smoke much. I've shopped around enough in the past to be able to find pipes that I once coveted but that have come down a little in price, and store credit bestows a seeming discount.
I'm in your boat. I sent several pipes to SP earlier in the month and sent 4 more today for store credit. They have been quite fair in their evaluations. I am trying to thin down my pipes to a few dozen that I will smoke regularly. The ones I sent SP I hadn't smoked in ages and probably wouldn't in the future. Now that I have a nice store credit I am like you-what do I really want? I have more tobacco than I will ever smoke and I have more pipes than I will ever use. There is a Savinelli that keeps on catching my eye, so I guess time will tell.