PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briar Baron

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2016
Sydney
I traveled via cruise ship (Princess cruises) about 6 months ago. The cigar bar is now gone however some areas on deck were designated as smoking. Cigarettes available on board but no pipe tobacco.
As others mentioned, pack the pipe and tobacco anyway and see how it goes, I did and maybe at night on the rear deck, with the wind blowing the smoke behind the ship (and out of range of the smoke detectors and cameras that are everywhere)......

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Bringing a few pipes and some tobacco. I'll find someplace on a beautiful island to sit and have a pipe and a cold drink.

Sounds great. For sure taking into account the comfort of others.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Chances of finding decent pipe tobacco aboard any ship are slim to none, so take what you'll need. Even traveling to sophisticated cities such as London and Paris I take enough to last until I get home. Then finding good tobacco is a bonus, not a necessity.
Online info for each cruise line is available. You may be restricted to a lounge on some ships; decks on others.

jayski

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2017
I once took a cruise on Carnival. I believe it was the Valor and they had a room called the Church Hill room that was a cigar bar. All leather and very relaxing. Not sure you could smoke a pipe but if cigars were allowed I would imagine a pipe would quite alright.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Take a baggie of what you like to blend with cigars. Go to the cigar lounge. Buy a cigar or three. Cut one and mix it with your blend. Smoke away. You are smoking what you bought, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.