• Coin Cut Tobacco

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I feel different cuts give different flavor to my tobacco
The blender and percentages of different leaves, and any additions added by the manufacturer are the predominant determinants of taste in my book. Or, are you saying it's easier to determine the leaf in a certain cut? To determine the constituent tobaccos? That makes a certain amount of sense.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
Voted ribbon for convenience really, although most of my tobacco is in Flake form from buying bulk blends.

I do however enjoy rubbing out my flakes and storing into jars to be rubbed out a final time after drying - but I'd rather have the quick and easy option of ribbon cut that can be aired out for a little bit, or taken straight from the pouch etc etc.
( I 2nd what @didimauw said, re: drying time)

Buuut... at the end of the day I'll take what I can get in bulk that appeals to me regardless of cut, and be glad too, until the day comes I get a customs letter in the mail forcing me to buy tins at $130 AUD a pop.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
For ease for everyday smokes, ribbon is easy and somewhat effortless, and I prefer thick cut, but I'm not fussy. But flake, coin, plug, and rope age and preserve better, and give some of the best smokes, although they require time and effort. Shag is okay but requires a deeper and more narrow bowl to sustain the length of the smoke, and the volume of the smoke is thinner. I'm adaptable, so I didn't vote any one cut; variety is the spice here.

thebigragu

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2019
Needs of the Army
For ease for everyday smokes, ribbon is easy and somewhat effortless, and I prefer thick cut, but I'm not fussy. But flake, coin, plug, and rope age and preserve better, and give some of the best smokes, although they require time and effort. Shag is okay but requires a deeper and more narrow bowl to sustain the length of the smoke, and the volume of the smoke is thinner. I'm adaptable, so I didn't vote any one cut; variety is the spice here.
I agree I prepare my tobacco the night before and let it sit to dry over night and it’s ready for the next day.

F4RM3R

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 28, 2019
Canada
Ropes, they are easier to cut than plugs. But half the time it’s ribbon cause I don’t always have time to stove up some ropes.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon