PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

virkia

Lifer
Jan 30, 2020
1) As a UK pipe smoker does anyone know if CORNELL & DIEHL / G. L . PEASE pipe tobacco is available to buy in the UK?
I used to buy their Balkan and English blends from Tabac Rhein on trips to Geneva in the 2000s but as I don't go there any more and as I'm now running low on some of those blends I would like to re-stock.

2) I used to buy a couple of the G.SMITH & SONS blends - Old London 100% Virginia and Old London Oriental Blend (orange tin) - but as I recently discovered that they've gone out of business I became concerned (I don't know who the blender/manufacturer was) that I won't be able to source further supplies. The only clue that I have is the paper tobacco press inside the tins which is exactly the same paper disc with the same print that one finds inside Dunhill tins.

3) With the recent passing of the DUNHILL torch to PETERSONS I was wondering if there is now available an official - or even unofficial - replacement for my favourite Dunhill tobacco - Aperitif?

Any help or advise on the above would be greatly appreciated.

brendhain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2018
I am 99% certain that Aparitiff is not included in the Peterson line. I may have some Dunhill tins if you want to trade. Let me know so I can check my cellar.

I have never seen C&D available in the UK, but I can get it in Sweden. The only importer, a pipe shop, is in the same city as where I am. The Swedish prices are not the lowest but the shop might have the blends you are after.

I am into Germain's blends so we might be able to work out a trade. Send me a PM if you are interested.

virkia

Lifer
Jan 30, 2020
I am 99% certain that Aparitiff is not included in the Peterson line. I may have some Dunhill tins if you want to trade. Let me know so I can check my cellar.

I have never seen C&D available in the UK, but I can get it in Sweden. The only importer, a pipe shop, is in the same city as where I am. The Swedish prices are not the lowest but the shop might have the blends you are after.

I am into Germain's blends so we might be able to work out a trade. Send me a PM if you are interested.
Thanks you for your reply.
I don't know which Germain blends are available in the UK but I can look into that while you check if you have any tins of Dunhill Aperitif to trade.
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.