PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Singularis

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
You see packages with people dying and stuff like that in Canada too but most pipe tobacco packaging looks like this. My thought is if I could print a proper label with what the producer intended it would at least look nicer and be more easy to identify in my cellar. I think they purposefully use that tin colour and font to make the tins unappealing and hard to read from behind a counter. I’ve seen B&Ms have a book that shows the brands with the tobacco descriptions to make selection easier in store.
Honestly, that's a very aesthetically pleasing label, even if non-descript and easily confused with other labels. (Seriously, do they actually expect us to READ the label??)

• Wow
Reactions: Call Me Late

Rustamgtx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2021
Baku, Azerbaijan
Actually, in my opinion it is more true thing in the world, i mean, it is many unsafe products in our life that if not more aggressive for human, but still very dangerous, as example fat meals or sugar soda and energy drinks, but only tobacco products says - hey man... don't put in me... i will kill you and you will suffer and hurt. So... i think it's very honest ?

Call Me Late

Might Stick Around
Aug 8, 2021
Windsor Ontario
I’ll gla
Actually, in my opinion it is more true thing in the world, i mean, it is many unsafe products in our life that if not more aggressive for human, but still very dangerous, as example fat meals or sugar soda and energy drinks, but only tobacco products says - hey man... don't put in me... i will kill you and you will suffer and hurt. So... i think it's very honest ?
Here's how its looking here ?
This is what I’m talking about. The stickers would work in other jurisdictions too. Imagine if you could get aftermarket stickers from the company to cover it after purchase. It seems too easy. Companies make hats and other merchandise so why not stickers.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
It is being looked into.

Jun 23, 2019
I just had a thought. I’m in Canada and we now have horrendous tobacco tins. They’ve switched to an extreme plain label because it’s supposed to make people not want to smoke anymore. It’s illogical, but I think one unintentional consequence is that people will pay more attention to the quality of the tobacco rather than a pretty tin. I still miss a beautifully designed tin and that got me thinking. If the companies sold stickers that fit over top of the existing tins I would slap those on top after purchase. Has anyone heard of a company doing this before or do you have another solution?

Labels won't affect how people view tobacco tins!

I hate these new labels! What is going on?! Will pay more to put cute decorative stickers on!

But labels won't affect how people view tobacco tins though!

-

Lol jokes aside (or maybe not), my guy you're doing too much. Check out cellarlabels.com or make your own stickers!

And if you're intentions are to get some pretty pictures for Instagram, I hear mason jars are very in with the yuppie crowd right now too.

Call Me Late

Might Stick Around
Aug 8, 2021
Windsor Ontario
Labels won't affect how people view tobacco tins!

I hate these new labels! What is going on?! Will pay more to put cute decorative stickers on!

But labels won't affect how people view tobacco tins though!

-

Lol jokes aside (or maybe not), my guy you're doing too much. Check out cellarlabels.com or make your own stickers!

And if you're intentions are to get some pretty pictures for Instagram, I hear mason jars are very in with the yuppie crowd right now too.
Checked it out and cellarlabels.com is defunct. Apparently one of the companies threatened to sue for copyright infringement.

Jun 23, 2019
Checked it out and cellarlabels.com is defunct. Apparently one of the companies threatened to sue for copyright infringement.
yup-down.JPG

What does defunct mean? Because I'm thinking about ordering a pound of bulk Watch City Deluxe Crumb Cut just on how handsome that label will look on a jar...

rajangan

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
When I was a bar going youth, I would carry around pipe tobacco cigarettes in a Beastie Boys 'Licensed to Ill' cassette case. Stuff like BLWB, cherry cav., and Black Mallory. I then blacked out the k on the "smoking can kill you" portion of a cigarette pack and put it in the rear panel of the cassette.... Smoking can ill you. Good thing I'm licensed.

Reactions: Inspired Idler