PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
Not a pipe but related
View attachment 93903
Is that a tat or did you draw it with a sharpie (seriously)? No doubt, Kiribis and Coronas are superb pipe lighters--I grab mine when inside more than any other the Rollagas ones that I love!

If it's a tat, I gotta say--damn, that must have hurt! Surely!!????

Any of you folks showing ink over 60? Most of my ink has faded over the decades and looks more like bird dookie, except for a few places that have green or blue hues. Just wondering--since longevity may be in the cards?
kindly
mike

brooklynpipeclub

Can't Leave
Sep 6, 2019
Brooklyn, NYC
www.instagram.com
Is that a tat or did you draw it with a sharpie (seriously)? No doubt, Kiribis and Coronas are superb pipe lighters--I grab mine when inside more than any other the Rollagas ones that I love!

If it's a tat, I gotta say--damn, that must have hurt! Surely!!????

Any of you folks showing ink over 60? Most of my ink has faded over the decades and looks more like bird dookie, except for a few places that have green or blue hues. Just wondering--since longevity may be in the cards?
kindly
mike
It's real ad was the pain but it didn't hurt as much as getting my ribs inked. My old boys and my Kiribi Kabuto sure are trusty lighters.

Reactions: Ahi Ka

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
It's real ad was the pain but it didn't hurt as much as getting my ribs inked. My old boys and my Kiribi Kabuto sure are trusty lighters.
Ribs--ouch (I bet)! Skin over sternum hurts lots. I know. Maybe anywhere there's not a lot of muscle underneath is more painful--just a thought. I saw a picture years back of a tattoo on the inside of a lower lip and cringed just thinking about it!!
kindly
mike

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
That’s interesting as my ribs would have been the least painful of all so far. For me the narly one was the back of the shoulder - I found that worse than the chest or the tops of my hands. Could also be the space I was when getting the work done too.

oh and @macaroni I guess the fact you didn’t think of a “massage parlour” earlier shows your integrity ?

brooklynpipeclub

Can't Leave
Sep 6, 2019
Brooklyn, NYC
www.instagram.com
Ribs--ouch (I bet)! Skin over sternum hurts lots. I know. Maybe anywhere there's not a lot of muscle underneath is more painful--just a thought. I saw a picture years back of a tattoo on the inside of a lower lip and cringed just thinking about it!!
kindly
mike
Interestingly getting my sternum tattooed didn't hurt much at all. Sat straight for about 90 minutes and was surprised when it was done. I guess everyone is different in terms of their sensitivity. I'd guess that the inside lower lip wouldn't be too bad considering how fleshy it is.

Reactions: Ahi Ka

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
View attachment 93905
I have quite a few tattoo's, but this is the one that is a tribute to pipe smoking...I wish I had a photo from when it was fresh ink and shaved!
Nice ink, morton...! And I'm serious!! I LIKE tattoos!! I got lots and they're old and faded and look mostly like bird shit!! LOL. You wanna see??? How about some bumps and blemishes (reference to recent Ahi posting LOL!)???

Now, there's just entirely too much skin on this forum! I can hardly stand it--sooo distracting from the pipes, what I came for LOL :)))))!!!!! (tongue in cheek--and please NO tongue pictures!!! I can hardly concentrate already!!!)

You gals and guys are too much!! Thnx for the grins and keep the skin shots comin'!! IF I could figure out how to post a damn photo i'd get a shot of the eagle that's lived on my chest for 40 plus years!!! I forgot what the damn griffin on my back that's older looks like LOL!!!

kindly
mike

Last edited:

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Nice ink, morton...! And I'm serious!! I LIKE tattoos!! I got lots and they're old and faded and look mostly like bird shit!! LOL. You wanna see??? How about some bumps and blemishes (reference to recent Ahi posting LOL!)???

Now, there's just entirely too much skin on this forum! I can hardly stand it--sooo distracting from the pipes, what I came for LOL :)))))!!!!! (tongue in cheek--and please NO tongue pictures!!! I can hardly concentrate already!!!)

You gals and guys are too much!! Thnx for the grins and keep the skin shots comin'!! IF I could figure out how to post a damn photo i'd get a shot of the eagle that's lived on my chest for 40 plus years!!! I forgot what the damn griffin on my back that's older looks like LOL!!!

kindly
mike
Nothing like a few close up pasty, blotchy, hairy, middle aged, saggy-arsed skin photo's to start your day as you light up that big bowl of vanilla cream flake!

unadoptedlamp

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 19, 2014
Everyone has got their dick tattooed these days...

Since the explosion of tattoos in recent years, the only ones I really like now are those that are very crudely done. Many modern tattoos look good up close, but only when someone is standing very still and doesn't mind my intense gaze to make out whatever is going on in the intricate mass of ink.

To my eye, the detail and finesse of most modern tattoos just don't look good unless you're standing very close next to someone who agrees to let you have a long look while they stand still. Very awkward for most cases... even among friends when it's in certain spots. Otherwise, it's just a blob most times when viewed from more than 3 feet away. The crude old time tattoos look way more interesting to me. And they usually have an interesting story.

I was standing in line at a butcher in a favela in Brazil (great meat at a fraction of the cost!) and a dude walked in behind me. I had to fight to not bolt for the door or even look at him very long. He was scary with a capital "S". He had a couple of tattoos on his face, neck and arms that looked as if someone from an overcrowded prison was poking him in the jugular with a blunt knife to put the ink in.

Not those stupid neck tattoos with fancy lettering and junk you see on the wanna be gangsters these days. The stupid prison tattoo is much more intimidating. A snake, a knife, and a bleeding heart. It sends shivers down my spine today.

He was mid to late fifties and he definitely had a look about him that screamed of a contract killer. Not a particularly sophisticated one, but the kind who would get the job done. It looked like an advertisement on his face for the time when you may need that kind of work done.

Everyone else was obviously on pins and needles with him in the store. Place went silent (very unusual in Brazil, where everything is a party), and he was given a wide berth to do whatever he wanted. One of the strangest things I've ever seen in that country, which is saying a hell of a lot. He was barely 5 feet tall, but I can guarantee there are few people in the world who would mess around with a guy like that.

He looked like he'd mess you up real bad with a soda can if you turned your back for a second.

The tattoos definitely had a part to play. Also how he carried himself and the cold, dead look in his eyes, but the tattoos really tied it all together. Guess you had to be there.

I won't ever forget that face. He sometimes haunts my dreams.

Now that is a tattoo. Standing in line about two feet away: Not so cool. Afterward... wow. Well done, sir. You scared the shit out of me. And now I know who to call if someone becomes a problem. Snake, knife, and bleeding heart guy. He'll set it right.

Mercy.

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
Nothing like a few close up pasty, blotchy, hairy, middle aged, saggy-arsed skin photo's to start your day as you light up that big bowl of vanilla cream flake!
I AM LOL!!! Thnx for the grins!! 'Course 5 oz of Paddy's-so far helps!!!! Meanwhile--HOW the hell did yo know--I busted out a jar of Vanilla Roll Cake last night! Hitting the Engine 99 at the moment in a smooth horn Former. Delic! And the good cheer is much appreciated!!

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
Another leg shot for @macaroni this is on my ankle and is inspired by one of my favourite theologians Kenneth E. Bailey. It’s the phrase “beside the still waters” in Arabic, with the lettering depicting a river and Lebanese cedars. My wife however thinks I’m full of it, and it is really just a dude lying down having a smoke.

View attachment 93737
Thanks Ahi, too Cool! Ps 23 in Arabic!!! I had to show my wife :). REALLY GREAT! And Dr. Bailey--from Princeton to the American Univ. to Jeru.--wow--what a Great Life! Did you know him? I think NJ must put out some good things from time to time, Bruce, George T., The Templeton Price at Princ. and Gandolfini's home on the Soprano's (if it wasn't actually filmed in Hollywood!)LOL! But really, who the hell likes to pay more to have someone pump their gas--are they STILL doing that in NJ?? LOL
Thnx again, Ahi--how cool!!!! Great trees, too!!!!
kindly
mike