Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Mar 3, 2024
Slaughterville, Oklahoma
I bought a Missouri Meerschaum bamboo stem pipe and I like it. The problem is the bowl is so narrow I can't even get a pinky it in. I made myself a cane from some dead heartwood I got from the crown of a post oak tree. I had this spur that trimmed from it and added a spent .22 WMR shell and made a double ended pipe tamper that works for that pipe and the rest of my collection. Anyone else make their own tampers? I'd like to see them.IMG_20240305_090731.jpg

Choatecav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee
For 25 years I did mounted cavalry civil war reenacting. We camped in some very, very remote areas and got pretty creative in certain areas. Anyway, here is a tamper that I carved out of a small stick.
Tamper.jpg

While were discussing this, I also carried a small magnifying lens for starting fires and lighting my pipes. Worked like a charm as long as the sun was out...... ha.

magnifying lens.jpg

kbussell

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2024
Highlands Ranch, CO
I made myself a cane from some dead heartwood I got from the crown of a post oak tree. I had this spur that trimmed from it and added a spent .22 WMR shell and made a double ended pipe tamper that works for that pipe and the rest of my collection.
Really nice! I use this tamper... I like the hemp wick, but never use it, it's more for looks.

Attachments

• 20240228_052735.jpg
    20240228_052735.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 10