PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ARTOPUT

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 25, 2022
Bonners Ferry, Idaho
I was given this cabinet from my father in laws dad. And yes it's as heavy as it looks. But great for my pipes and tobacco.

View attachment 183940View attachment 183941View attachment 183942View attachment 183943View attachment 183944

And the little cabinet was my great grandfather's. My dad kept it for his harmonicas and extra guitar strings and such. Zippo rack was found at an antique store. I'd been searching for a year before I found the perfect display.
View attachment 183945View attachment 183946View attachment 183948
nice set up for sure I Like it.

butsiethesungo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2016
Broussard, LA
The pipes I am smoking 'in rotation' as it were, i usually keep in an old camera bag that also holds some tobacco, pipe cleaners, lighter, a cigar or two, etc. Can grab it and head out to porch or on the road.. For the round carousel, the dome is great for keeping dust off the stems. Current out of the way place for these is in the basement.
View attachment 183695
Thats actually a very sweet setup! The glasstop reminds me of something I would expect to see from Doc on Gunsmoke. Perhaps on his desk. LOL

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
My goal is to have my pipes on a rack of some type. Over many years as my collection has slowly grown, I had to buy “another“ small pipe rack. Then I decided to have a friend of mine build me a pipe rack to hold all my pipes. So I have a wonderful wall hanging pipe rack that holds 21 pipes and has a small storage area below.
However, I bought more pipes. So then I had to re-employ the small pipe racks again. I actually have a pipe arriving today sometime from eBay. It will take up the last spot on my table pipe rack. I am sitting at 50 pipes total. And have promised myself I will buy no more pipe racks! So, I guess I’m not going to buy any more pipes right, 😏.
Main pipe rack.
image.jpg
shelves with small racks and supplies. I've got a bunch pipes out on my work bench for cleaning- the empty slots.
image.jpgAnd the last pipe rack I bought this summer.
image.jpg

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
Hmm…. my storage method….. hmm, well:

I have a circular pipe rack with a glass tobacco humidor in the center…. all the pipe slots are filled with SOME of my pipes. I have a drawer in a table near “my chair” that has a bunch of popes inside. I have a couple of drawers in the kitchen that my wife lets me store some stuff…. several pipes are there amongst other things. In my den, at my desk, a couple of drawers have several pipes. Out in the garage I have several pipes sitting around in a cabinet near my workbench. I have pipes in various coat pockets and sport coat pockets. I have pipes laying around on counters and other flat surfaces around the house (unless my wife stuffs them somewhere else while straightening up the house). And I have a couple in my truck, including a few in my tool box and at least one in my tackle box.

So, in thinking about my storage “method”…. I would guess, my method is mostly about convenience and easy access. 🙂

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
I recently upgraded from cigar box to pipe cabinet. It has more tchotchkes than pipes but hey, there's plenty of room to improve. I especially like that new working area I can "fold out". Plenty of room to spread out anything.

20221202_222615 - Copy.jpg

And it offers a lot of room for other stuff. When it's time for sleep I just close the damn thing, content that everything will be ready for me once I wake up. I just gotta open it and a world of pleasure awaits me.

20221202_222651 - Copy.jpg

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
There are as many different ways to store as there are pipe smokers. I like mine on racks. It allows good air circulation for drying and it allows me to look over the group to pick out my next pipe to smoke. Down side is it can cause a smell that some don’t like.
When I smoked cigarettes I noticed the stale smoke odour every morning when I went into my loungeroom and whenever I arrived home. Yucky.
Since switching to a pipe over twelve years ago, I can honestly say that I've not ever smelt any stale tobacco odour.

Not that I smoke while driving that often [I don't clench] but I never smell stale smoke there either.
As most of us know, smoke just one cigarette in a car and the stale smell is obvious for a long time afterwards.

My storage method for the pipes in my rotation; although I have plenty of racks, most of my pipes sit in a large bowl next to my laptop where I do most of my smoking and another pile on a table next to my lounge chair.
There's a couple of pipes in my car in case I forget to bring one with me.

You must have a real sensitive nose TT because although the bowl of pipes is sitting right next to me, I never notice any odour from them.

Reactions: Scottmi

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
When I smoked cigarettes I noticed the stale smoke odour every morning when I went into my loungeroom and whenever I arrived home. Yucky.
Since switching to a pipe over twelve years ago, I can honestly say that I've not ever smelt any stale tobacco odour.

Not that I smoke while driving that often [I don't clench] but I never smell stale smoke there either.
As most of us know, smoke just one cigarette in a car and the stale smell is obvious for a long time afterwards.

My storage method for the pipes in my rotation; although I have plenty of racks, most of my pipes sit in a large bowl next to my laptop where I do most of my smoking and another pile on a table next to my lounge chair.
There's a couple of pipes in my car in case I forget to bring one with me.

You must have a real sensitive nose TT because although the bowl of pipes is sitting right next to me, I never notice any odour from them.
I don’t ever smell my pipes either but some others have. I think that’s their problem but my wife says I need to try and be nicer to people.

Reactions: Carol and Scottmi