PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
Be Aware of the Dr. Watson pipe stands.. on amazon
I recently bought a 15 (arch XV) and it arrived without the posts for the uppers. (sending it back)
in the interim I bought a KAF Pipe stand... anyone have one?

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
A guy at my work is a wood worker. He will build a custom and ship it within Canada if you’re interested.

georgebmcclelland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2018
I've found all of mine at antique/thrift/consignment stores. There's a bunch around here because New England is like antique store heaven, there's literally one on every corner. The old racks are really cool and many of them have tobacco jars/humidor drawers. If an affordable rack/stand is a hot commodity I guess I should start grabbing 'em and hookin' folks up!

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I use 2 kinds of stands I get from Amazon:
41jNbRZ9xJL._AC_SY400_.jpg

41tO%2BrmYJsL._AC_SY400_.jpg

I have several of each. The first one costs around $10 and holds most pipes nicely. The second is around $5 and holds my churchwardens and Qandales really well.

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
Sean. not in Canada. :(
George, might be lucrative for ya! Nothing down here in Texas..
Captpat, yah I found a sweet rack on etsy, but not willing to pull the trigger on $500, when I only have 28 pipes or so. I guess I should.
The KAF I bought looks nice, turns the pipes so you can put anything from a goblin to a church.. ill let yall know how it works out.

hotjazzbaby

Lurker
Nov 30, 2018
I'm with the Major General. As an antiques man I am out at thrift stores and such all day. Stands, racks, jars, and pipes themselves are to be had cheep.

georgebmcclelland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2018
An old leather belt and a decent staple gun should make you roughly 4 bespoke pipe stands

Nice! I use the leather fob on my key-ring as an impromptu pipe rest all the time, but never thought of recycling an old belt for this purpose... until now. Thanks!
I'm with the Major General. As an antiques man I am out at thrift stores and such all day. Stands, racks, jars, and pipes themselves are to be had cheep.
For real, some of my favorite pipes are from antique and thrift stores in the 5 to 15 dollar range. I've found some real obscure and cool old, old pipes in random nooks and crannies out there. With a little spit 'n' polish (...'n' grain alcohol) they're good to go!

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I have three of the 7 pipe stands. They are nice for the price. I like the simple assembly, and the silver metal risers. I hope you enjoy yours.

georgebmcclelland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2018
Mike, if there are no "B&M" antique stores in your area, there may be flea markets which serve the same purpose, I've had a lot of luck at estate sales as well.

Nov 10, 2018
I usually trawl ebay and have found a good few bargains including two pipe stands. $11 for both. You do have to keep an eye on the boards for a couple of weeks but you usually find something you can live with at a price you are willing to pay. Also I have found on pipe racks a lot of people are just glad to get a few dollars for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.