PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

spike

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2009
All the pipe books from Rick Carleton Hacker...A lot of knowledge there...
The Hacker books were quite informative and instructional for new pipe smokers. They were amusing to more experienced ones. The guy had some good stories.

Highlandpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2023
Clynder, Argyll & Bute, G84 0QX
To all those seeking suggestions about pipe books or desirous of a list of what's been published as books, I can send you mine. True, I no longer operate Antiquarian Tobacciana, but I can still offer a free service, a database of all the literature about tobacco and pipes, yesterday and today. Contact me at ben70gray@gmail.com. I prefer not to post here. And it's true: Scott Thile (pipedia.org) is hosting all my new articles since P&T was shuttered.
Ben I got your list via email earlier on the year and working through much of it, been a great resource for learning alongside history of our hobby. A massive thank you to the years that have gone into it.

Reactions: jbfrady

WilliamZ

Lurker
May 22, 2024
To all those seeking suggestions about pipe books or desirous of a list of what's been published as books, I can send you mine. True, I no longer operate Antiquarian Tobacciana, but I can still offer a free service, a database of all the literature about tobacco and pipes, yesterday and today. Contact me at ben70gray@gmail.com. I prefer not to post here. And it's true: Scott Thile (pipedia.org) is hosting all my new articles since P&T was shuttered.

I've read a couple of books about this. To be honest, I didn’t expect that I would like this topic. I'm very passionate about it though. I don’t have much time to read, but when I have it, I happily do it. Tip number one - "In Search of Pipe Dreams" - Rick Newcomb. If you enjoyed Newcomb's first book, this is a great sequel. In it, he continues to share his impressions and knowledge about pipes. I read this book just when I needed math help, I found https://ca.edubirdie.com/math-help for this. I prefer to read something than all these numbers and formulas. Well, the second option is “The Perfect Smoke: Gourmet Pipe Smoking for Relaxation and Reflection” - Fred Hannah. This book offers tips on choosing tobacco and pipes
I sent a letter, but you don't answer?!

Last edited: