PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Ejames, That is a cool story, Nice that You still have the tool, to bad not the pipe.

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
My Old Man...DAD!
0909111210.jpg

jaybird

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2011
My uncle makes the list. He joined the Canadian navy during WW2 when he was 14, lied about his age...with his fathers permission. You see the old man fought in WW1 and signed back up for WW2 and took along his two boys. Both were underage but I digress.
My uncle's ship was sunk in 1943 and he was held in a German prison camp until the end of the war. He was about 80lbs when he was liberated. Both uncles were starved and tortured. When he was able to he went back to work on freighting vessels that took their cargo across the seas and oceans of the world. He worked on the Great Lakes for a while before retiring about 10 years ago. From what I can tell he smoked a pipe his whole life at sea and continues to do so now. He also continues to walk with his sea legs and yells like he needs to yell over the wind, but that's my uncle.
He's in his 80's and still smokes his pipe and I dare anyone to take it from him. lol

seakayak

Sep 21, 2010
J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S.Lewis. Being an ordained minister (since 1978), I often encounter Christians who feel obliged to inform me that I shouldn't be enjoying my pipe so much. I then get to teach them about these two great Christian authors, their long lives and their love of the pipe.

dburrows

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2011
Being an ordained minister (since 1978), I often encounter Christians who feel obliged to inform me that I shouldn't be enjoying my pipe so much.
Well Spurgeon was a avid cigar smoker... Not that some of the more modern preachers or philosophers should somehow vindicate the hobby for us, the truth of the matter is that smoking is a rather morally neutral behavior.

pipmannen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2010
I add a couple more: John Bauer, Swedish illustrator, famous for his fairy tale books. Jon Colombo, architect and designer, he designed some pipes too!
Foto-Bauer_1-86-32-8_liten.gif

Joe-Colombo_012006.jpg

gecko13

Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
My Pipe Smoking Hero's..... After my dad,I would say Sherlock Holmes, Einstein, and Walt Disney are my favorites. Lets not forget Popeye the Sailor man. He could do more with his pipe than Batman could with all his tools on his Bat-Belt.
And then of course......all my friends on this forum.
:puffpipe:

jeff59

Might Stick Around
Oct 13, 2011
My grandfather, my dad. They are my heroes with or without the pipe. They are my rolemodel as I try to be for my boys. If i am half the men they were, I am succeeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.